Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jellyy

severe dry sensitive skin that breakout to all topicals and become big scabs after accutane

2 years Post accutane: my skin has become so dry that theres no sebum production. unlike most people who could still apply topical to save their dry skin, my skin is sensitive to the point that every topical that i use, even with the simplest one ingredient serum like pure hyaluronic acid or pure ceramide also break me out.
the breakouts will become scabs automatically but the inflammation under is still there. Scalp feel itchy and dry too and get red bumps after i shower.
Tried borage oil, flaxseed oil supplements for omega 3 but they broke me out.
Tried ceramide supplements also broke me out.
When i stop these supplements, red itchy patches form on my face and then they dry out.

No matter where i read, most post accutane users don't have skin like mine where every topical broke them out.

From what i search, it can be cause by vitamin a still exist in the skin or that accutane cause the skin barrier to damage. borgae oil or omega 3 should help but they broke me out.

what should i do? any help to the damaged skin barrier?