Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dani_S

I had a system and now I don't know what to do

So after years of having acne issues thanks to getting on and off of hormonal birth control I'd finally gotten to a good manageable place. I'd still get breakouts but they weren't bad and never left scars. For the last few years I've been living out of state where it was warm all year round and my skin got used to it. I've been using the acne.org benzoyl peroxide only at night and a plain rosehip oil serum during the day. But I recently moved back to the midwest and since it's started getting cold my skin has been freaking out. Bad cheek breakouts popped up during my last two periods have lingered and left behind dark spots. The benzoyl peroxide now seems like its too drying and the oil is no longer sinking into my skin like it was and seems to be causing breakouts. My skin is by no means terrible but I've been pretty upset about it and every time I look in the mirror I see my cheeks and worry about them getting scars and feel like shit. I have a derm appointment for the beginning  of next month but would love if anyone had any suggestions?

I'd also like to mention, (before anyone suggests it), that I eat very clean and healthy, try to consume as little processed food as possible and make most of my meals from scratch. I also avoid gluten because of stomach issues. 

Edited by Ponyo23

Hi Dani_S, 

I cleared my acne using a book called "The Teachings of Acne". It changed my life... You can buy it on Amazon. I attached the link here.. just click the blue text. 

With the teachings in this book, there are no pills, food, creams or face washes, or any external thing for that matter, to put our faith into. It teaches us put our power back into our self and heal from within. 

It truly changed my life and I know it will change yours. 

- Courage313

Edited by Courage313