Notifications
Clear all

Micro-needling Dermapen..Negative Results!

MemberMember
(@lilael)

Posted : 10/13/2019 8:57 am

Hello,

I recently, 17 days ago, had a micro-needling or dermapen session to remove old acne scars and shrink pores but instead my skin looks worse!

I researched this procedure for an entire year before I was sure I wanted to do it. I am someone who only does things naturally so this means I have been almost chemical free for many years. I did start using Cerve foam face cleanser a few months ago to help balance my skin's ph. I am very cautious of what I put on my skin. For example, I keep a very basic skin care routine and my preferred moisturizeris Argan Oil or shea butter and my toner is either rose water or apple cider vinegar..I thread my eye brows and face. Because I have brown skin, I wanted to make sure that I foundsomeone who understood the unique needs of people with black and brown skin before I was willing to try anything. Most skin care treatments are not made for how sensitive our skin is and often does more damage than it helps.

I found Microneedling and researched the heck out of it. I found 0 bad reviews on Micro-needling and I looked through MANY. Every review I read, watched, or asked about were excellent including reviews forblack or brown skin . People were raving about how great their skin looked days after their first session but mine just looked patchy and my skin color was broken up. The brightest spot were the areas that myesthetician skipped over because there may have been a few spot with active acne spot (those are now the best spot on my face).

I put in so much work prior to having microneedling done. I started to work on my skin so that when I was ready to actually do this, my ability to heal would be faster and for cell turn over rate to be higher.I elevated myhealth byeating even cleaner, working out, work out, better sleep, drink my water, and I tookmy vitamins and supplements religiously. My skin was at its best in at least 9 years. I also started getting monthly facials to clean my face and for moisture.

I expected for very little results after the first session.I was not expecting to see a change to my acne cars or pores until I had at least three sessions. I did NOT expect for my skin to be worse!! Prior to microneedling, even with scars and dark spots from acne, my skin was mostly even in color. After microneedlinghyperpigmentation, or melasma, appearedall over my face especially around my mouth, upper lip, chin, in my cheeks, between my eyebrows, around my nose. Make up doesn't cover it. In fact the dark spots are at least 2-3 shade darker than my normal skin color. I put foundation on yesterday for the first time since having microneedling, and it is no longer my shade!My face looks dull and like the moisture has been sucked out of it even though I am moisturizing like crazyeven though it is not actually dry! My face looks swollen to everyone who sees me and I don't look like myself. I am devastated and hoping it goes away on its own but I am having a hard time believing that it will.

I need to figure out what to do to get back to my skin I started with 2 1/2 weeks ago. I don't care about the acne scars anymore. I just want my old skin.Has anyone had this happen?? I am using a pigment correcting serum suggested by my licensed esthetician. She has recommended aVI chemical peelbut I'm terrified to try anything else. Please help!!

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 10/15/2019 12:00 am

look at 5:58 of this video. It says micorneedling makes melesma worse. It can push hyper pigmentation into the skin which makes it worse as well. You need to seek professional help.

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 10/19/2019 12:36 pm

Okay first, if you didnt have melasma before then it is unlikely this hyperpigmentation right now is melasma. I do not know about your sun exposure though.

Patience my friend.

Microneedling is still technically an injury to the skin, injured skin looks different in pigmentation- healing skin.

So you have succesfully injured your skin and the healing process is a long thing, as you may have read collagen remodeling can occur over 3-6 months.

What depth did they use, were proper sterile conditions applied?

If everything there was OK, then its still safe to say that just wait. Sometimes the redness of healing skin can go away very slowly, but its probably not permanent.

Have confidence, this is a medical thing and do you really care about ignorant people judging you? Be smarter, be over it. Having someone to talk to can help.

Have a great day