Notifications
Clear all

Subcision for acne is expensive!!?

MemberMember
(@jimmyb21)

Posted : 10/06/2019 3:45 am

I have tried multiple sessions of micro needling and still have acne scarring. I have heard that subcision is the best treatment but when I went into a plastic surgeon's office they quoted me $5000! I thought that was ridiculous. They were going to do the procedure and then inject me with my own fat. I was just curious if this was an average price for this procedure. If anyone could give me advice on how to treat acne scars (I hear lasers don't penetrate deep enough) in the most cost effective way that would be much appreciated!! Also if you could recommend plastic surgeons/dermatologists in FLORIDA that perform subcision (since not many perform this) hopefully at a lower price than what I was previously quoted.

THANKS!!  :)

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 10/06/2019 11:22 am

7 hours ago, Jimmyb21 said:

I have tried multiple sessions of micro needling and still have acne scarring. I have heard that subcision is the best treatment but when I went into a plastic surgeon's office they quoted me $5000! I thought thought that was ridiculous. They were going to do the procedure and then inject me with my own fat. I was just curious if this was an average price for this procedure. If anyone could give me advice on how to treat acne scars (I hear lasers don't penetrate deep enough) in the most cost effective way that would be much appreciated!! Also if you could recommend plastic surgeons/dermatologists in FLORIDA that perform subcision (since not many perform this) hopefully at a lower price than what I was previously quoted.

THANKS!!  :)

That's insane man! 

I have over 100 scars both big and small the most any doctor charge me is $600 per session of sub.

Fillers cost about 600-800 a vial for sculptra (mulitple syringes per vial) or 500-800 per syringe for HA fillers 

with $5000 you can get multiple sessions of subcision with HA fillers and sculptra easily. 

Jimmyb21 liked
MemberMember
(@jimmyb21)

Posted : 10/06/2019 3:17 pm

Can I ask where you got it done?

MemberMember
(@jimmyb21)

Posted : 10/06/2019 5:04 pm

These are what my scars look like. Do you think subcision will help? I hear laser don't go deep enough so I need cost effective options. 

22.jpeg

24.jpeg

23.jpeg

MemberMember
(@mike-jerina)

Posted : 10/06/2019 8:37 pm

Jim,

live had two subcision sessions from Doctor McCune in Kansas City. See my photos and story on Instagram at [removed]. I got an email reply from Dr Davin Lim who highly recommended Dr Steven Weiner in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida to do subcision with fillers and lasers. He is the best in the U S. He was too far away for me but for you it would be great. Good luck

Jimmyb21 liked
MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 10/07/2019 5:36 am

The price is crazy, but it probably has to do with fat injections. Subcision on its own shouldn't be nearly that expensive.

MemberMember
(@cali_scars)

Posted : 10/22/2019 4:33 pm

@Jimmyb21 Dr Rullan charges ~ $1000 for subcision. If you can find cheap tickets, would recommend it. Swelling takes 2+ days togodown. Scabbing 4-5 days.

You can get free consultation via email.