Notifications
Clear all

White (hypOpigmented) scars

MemberMember
(@marshiesmom)

Posted : 09/30/2019 9:27 pm

Hi everyone! Sorry to post this here, but i didn™t see anything for hypo pigmentation. Got about two years have been getting random large, painful bumps on my face. They will pop once, and white will come out. Then it turns into an awful sore that takes about two weeks to heal. 
this has left me with a ton of white spots on my face. I am having a hard time finding anyone who has these white spots.. as most seem like they are dark. Went to dermatologist, and she had me purchase hydroquinone 4% and i will go for a series of chemical peels in 4 weeks. I™m just looking for some sort of optimism, and would love to know that I™m not alone. Thank you so much!

10AF0BBE-7762-4429-BD49-29E462AE5FB4.png

clarke25 liked
MemberMember
(@anon8037479)

Posted : 01/16/2020 12:58 am

i have some on my neck , im really self concious about it but yours dont look bad so its making me feel better

MemberMember
(@sara123456789)

Posted : 02/05/2020 4:08 pm

Ive started getting these after a not long enough term of accutane and I started getting acne again. I think it had to do with how accutane effects the scarring process but anyway.I have had about 30-40 small spots like this on my upper forehead for about 3 years now. I tried 8 treatments of microneedling. And peels. Doctors say white spots are usually permanent. Going in for cosmetic tattoo to make them skin colored again. I suggest you do the same before you waste years being miserable.

Vicstar liked
MemberMember
(@frustratedd)

Posted : 03/24/2020 1:17 pm

Yes! @Sherbear85 I have these all over my face including forehead and am beyond self conscious of them. It's very difficultto find long-lasting makeup that covers them. I am hoping to get a chemical peel done to help, but that did seem to work for you very well. Would you recommend trying it?Microneedling and hydroquinone 4% did notshow results. I would love to connect further about everyone's journey on this and what worked best. I truly am beyond frustrated with my face and how to go about fixing this issue.

MemberMember
(@sherbear85)

Posted : 07/08/2020 11:17 am

On 3/24/2020 at 2:17 PM, Frustratedd said:

Yes! @Sherbear85 I have these all over my face including forehead and am beyond self conscious of them. It's very difficult to find long-lasting makeup that covers them. I am hoping to get a chemical peel done to help, but that did seem to work for you very well. Would you recommend trying it? Microneedling and hydroquinone 4% did not show results. I would love to connect further about everyone's journey on this and what worked best. I truly am beyond frustrated with my face and how to go about fixing this issue.

@Frustratedd Sorry this is such a late reply! With summer now in full swing I've noticed that my white scars are showing even more now that I got a little sun :( I've been spending a ton of money of full coverage makeup that only helps about 70% with covering and any time I sweat it makes my face red which shows the white even worse! Ugh I'm beyond frustrated and think I'm going to make an appointment at the Detroit Henry Ford Hospital to get a consult on either a laser resurfacing or possibly melanocyte transfer. Both are pretty expensive but I'm out of options and can handle bring myself to leave the house most days because I'm sooo self conscious about people noticing it. I would love to stay in touch and bounce ideas off each other if you're up to it? I've uploaded a pic of my forehead for you to see how bad mine is. This picture is from the end of the day after most of my makeup had worn off :(

20200708_121617.jpg

MemberMember
(@311703_1443948874)

Posted : 07/23/2020 11:35 am

For what it's worth, there's a prescription cream (protopic, a.k.a tacromilus) that can help with this. It takes months, but so does everything else.

In the meantime, instead of using makeup, I use Jergens Natural Glow. It's a decent self-tanning lotion that evens out these kinds of white marks.

MemberMember
(@julia33)

Posted : 02/09/2021 2:55 pm

It's YEARS I also search for answers on this topic...

I just went to Lazer last week....the derm told me " well we can do about 5 treatments and see how it works.  maybe it will help, or maybe not"...but this is about 6,000$ !!!  Quite a lot of money !

I tried a session and I can see it already did nothing on the white scars.

I would be curious to know more about melanocyte transfer.  how does it work ? did anyone tried ?

1714454198_ScreenShot2021-02-09at14_37_39.png.2b68fc184d1a0aa7e7b39c1a25d3cc09.png

and for anyone who might be interested, i found this site that explains more about how they do the procedure:

[removed]

MemberMember
(@oceangirl)

Posted : 06/12/2021 6:49 am

Hi everyone!I have many white spots on my face from having had cystic acne for most of my life. Hydroquinone and peels didnt do much for me and I dont want to have &cannot afford laser treatments.Has anyone tried products that are commonly used to treat vitiligo? I found an Australiancompany called Vitiligo Organics that sells a product that may help with the scarring but the products are really expensive. Just wondering if anyone has had success getting rid of white acne scarring by using products for vitiligo. Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@ariana-shulmangmail-com)

Posted : 06/17/2022 1:32 pm

Just found this thread- I have these hypopigmentations all over my back from cystic ance and its completely warped my self image. I went to a cosmetic dermatologist and they said there was really nothing to do.. did anyone find success? I dont need perfection I just want to feel okay wearing tanks and not having people ask me whats wrong..

MemberMember
(@michellehimes337gmail-com)

Posted : 10/13/2022 5:37 am

Im 36 olive skin and mild acne. I get 1-2 bumps a month however they leave hyperpigmentation that last months. I also have large pores and congested skin. I have used dermal md skin lightening serum for 10 days twice daily and I can tell a significant difference in my skins texture. I love this serum!

MemberMember
(@happinessislit)

Posted : 05/24/2023 7:00 pm

Hello, I've browsed around to look for possible treatments for this. I have no idea if these methods work, this is for educational purposes only. Please do your own research. Always ask a professional.

Lasers: laser & skin surgery states on their website that some lasers can be used to try to treat this. I'm guessing that they try to tan the skin with uvb from the laser. Source: [Edited link out]

I've seen a doctor state, I'm not sure where, that microneedling may help with hypopigmention.

Finally, Dr. Davin Lim has posted on his instagram videos where he takes the melanin cells from a different part of the body and sort of implants them onto the lightened area on the face. I'm not sure how the procedure is done, nor do I know how effective it us. He is the only doctor I've seen doing this, it could be some new technique developed for this issue.

This post was modified 11 months ago by Ishayat
MemberMember
(@vicstar)

Posted : 02/22/2024 5:46 am

Has anyone had any success? I'm currently trying microneedling and preparation of just getting tattooing done. Possibly might look into redcell transfer.