Notifications
Clear all

What the heck happened to my face? Need help

MemberMember
(@polymorphic29)

Posted : 09/30/2019 4:08 pm

Redness on the cheeks bunch of scarring and i just shaved and look horrible. There are no bumps just extreme redness on cheeks and scarring I rarely breakout compared to when I was around age 14. What kind of treatment should I do? I can try out finacea gel 15% but would more be required? Do I need to look into laser? I'm scared it makes it worse/it comes back later on.

Meds I used when I was younger were Tretinoin,Benzyl peroxide, and minocycline

I have stopped for a while now (5 years) and basically just use a cleanser and moisturizer but this has been really bad

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/30/2019 9:13 pm

You might have Rosacea. Goto a board certified derm to get that sorted out. You will need V-beam and potentially a topical.

With Orange peel textural scarring that does not look deep your choices are resurfacing with a laser fully ablative resurfacing or chemical peels.

One does not need to break out to get scarring there is sub dermal scarring, fungal acne, bacterial .. etc... Goto a derm and see what it might be.

MemberMember
(@polymorphic29)

Posted : 09/30/2019 9:26 pm

13 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

You might have Rosacea. Goto a board certified derm to get that sorted out. You will need V-beam and potentially a topical.

With Orange peel textural scarring that does not look deep your choices are resurfacing with a laser fully ablative resurfacing or chemical peels.

One does not need to break out to get scarring there is sub dermal scarring, fungal acne, bacterial .. etc... Goto a derm and see what it might be.

Thank you for the response. I did go to a derm recently and was prescribed finacea and she did say that it could be rosacea but she isn't 100% sure. But she did see flakiness of eyebrows/beard which means seb dermatitis as well. I dont know if this could cause redness but maybe it might.

I considered laser but some people say the redness comes back eventually and the cost to keep up with treatments might not be affordable.

Also I do believe I have fungal acne as I have marks on my back and also upper arms which has been linked to fungal acne. My skin seems all sort of messed up and it really makes me sad now.

Does the fungal acne change the way I should approach things in order to reduce redness/reduce the slight scarring?