Notifications
Clear all

Please help with my scar, what can be done

MemberMember
(@cobsruby22)

Posted : 09/30/2019 2:27 pm

About 5 months ago i developed an infection on my forehead. It was swollen and a wound developed. I developed this weirdly shaped scar in the middle of my forehead and i am really struggling with it. I really want it to get better somehow and feel so hopeless and depressed because of it.

Its like a sunken scar with raised borders surrounded by sunken in borders if you all get what i mean. Its not that deep but large in my opinion. And the shape is oval and stands out as well due to the sunken in borders. 

And because of its location it causes me to be queit upset about it. 

The texture of the scar is also different from the surrounding skin which makes it stand out even more.

I also got a white spot (maybe millia?) below the scar. 

What can be done to improve it. To soften the borders? 

Maybe to raise the scar slightly?

I was thinking filler and co2 laser? But because the scar is still quite "new" im not sure if thats possible?

I was going to see the gp about it as it affects my mood quite significantly and i just cant cope with it.  

I have lots of other scars which i learned to live with but this particular one is affecting me really bad. 

Is it possible to treat only the one scar instead of the full forehead for example? 

My skin looks bad in this pic as i think i developed fungal acne as well due to stress.20190930_082436.jpg.cc5f0ce864deb463df21ada2dd5e73b7.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/30/2019 9:19 pm

Your going to need botox this is right over a major artery and muslce. Other than that subcision is needed if indented.

Those raised borders are from muscle contraction, not the scar.

Texture you chemical peel and co2 laser.

Yes you can just treat a scar.

MemberMember
(@cobsruby22)

Posted : 10/01/2019 12:25 am

4 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Your going to need botox this is right over a major artery and muslce. Other than that subcision is needed if indented.

Those raised borders are from muscle contraction, not the scar. 

Texture you chemical peel and co2 laser.

Yes you can just treat a scar.

What would the botox be for ? How would that improve the scar? 

It is indented but not that deep. Depends on the lighting i guess.

So i could get a co2 laser done to just this one scar?

Is there a limit how often you can get it done? I had co2 laser treatment done twice to my entire face like 15 years ago already.

I attached snother picture. It looks slightly indented with a circular border. I think if i could somehow get rid of that border then thd scar eoyld blend in better and be less visible? 

20191001_074744.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 10/01/2019 10:28 pm

Anatomy 101 = Botox, see a board certified Dr to describe why that might work and the proper treatment for your condition.

Yes you can do co2 to just a scar.

Sounds like your mind is made up on excision, seek Dr's that do that if you wish, I wouldn't but up to you.

Your picture does not show well a depression. Perhaps a better one is needed.

Regardless see a board certified Derm, you pay them lots of money for their advice and treatment.

MemberMember
(@cobsruby22)

Posted : 10/02/2019 2:19 am

The depression is there but minor. Its the texture and the circular or oval shape of the scar that bothers me most.

I rather nit fo excision because or the risk of making it worse and it being in the middle of the forehead.

I feel like it needs just smoothing out to blend it in.

I will look into co2 laser. Will fraxel do anything as the downtime for that is alot less i think.

Is there anything i can do at home to help with trying to smooth the scar out a bit?

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 01/30/2020 4:28 pm

On 10/2/2019 at 8:19 AM, Cobsruby22 said:

The depression is there but minor. Its the texture and the circular or oval shape of the scar that bothers me most.

I rather nit fo excision because or the risk of making it worse and it being in the middle of the forehead.

I feel like it needs just smoothing out to blend it in.

I will look into co2 laser. Will fraxel do anything as the downtime for that is alot less i think.

Is there anything i can do at home to help with trying to smooth the scar out a bit?

My scarring is exactly the same as what you described. Did you get any treatment or improvement?