Notifications
Clear all

TCA 50% Peel Gone Wrong

MemberMember
(@ndiarhe)

Posted : 09/27/2019 12:36 pm

20190927_131604.jpg.4210e9448a11e2c620ac3a6460572011.jpgYesterday night I used a TCA 50% solution that I bought from Amazon for a little U-shaped hyperpigmentation I had on my nose bridge. I made sure I carefully researched the product before I bought it. I read the directions carefully, I prepped the area with alcohol, and applied the solution with a q-tip. Upon application my skin started to frost and burn but the burning was bearable. I dotted a little more because I felt the layer I applied wasn't deep enough. I left it on for 7 minutes mistakingly forgetting to wash it off.  I washed the tca off with cold water for 2 minutes. I still felt some tingling long after I washed it off. The area started to turn into a purple gray-ish color. Now there is an almond-shaped burn (I think it's a burn) on my face. Reading articles online it seems like it's a third-degree burn because of the color. I don't know whether it will scar when the skin peels off. Right now I just have on vaseline on the area.

20190927_143534.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/27/2019 6:42 pm

@NdiarheThis is a wound, ... wounds take time to heal (like a bruise or a cut). Will be some weeks to months depending on how your skin reacts. Goto a Derm, or Dr if you need help.

You can put makeup over it once your out of the initial wound phase. Wear sunscreen. Keep it moist with something like Aquaphor.

Because of your skin type your skin should have been prepped with a retinoid and a skin lightening cream(hydroquinone) to prevent discolorations from treatments.

Nothing we can do at this point, a Dr might have to do some laser to fix it but let it heal and see how you do.

Ndiarhe liked
MemberMember
(@ndiarhe)

Posted : 09/27/2019 11:46 pm

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@NdiarheThis is a wound, ... wounds take time to heal (like a bruise or a cut). Will be some weeks to months depending on how your skin reacts. Goto a Derm, or Dr if you need help.

You can put makeup over it once your out of the initial wound phase. Wear sunscreen. Keep it moist with something like Aquaphor.

Because of your skin type your skin should have been prepped with a retinoid and a skin lightening cream(hydroquinone) to prevent discolorations from treatments.

Nothing we can do at this point, a Dr might have to do some laser to fix it but let it heal and see how you do.

ShouldI put Aquaphoron firstthen apply the sunscreen or just sunscreen alonewhen Igo out?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/28/2019 9:27 pm

@NdiarheSunscreen is for outdoors only. At home wear the Aquaphor or Vaseline. Observe. There may be ongoing hyperpigmentation but can't say until it heals more. Then you would use a lightening cream and retinoid.

Let it heal. Mineral Makeup is fine. No harsh topicals.

Ndiarhe liked
MemberMember
(@ndiarhe)

Posted : 10/02/2019 11:09 am

Day 6 Aquaphor is currently on the skin. The area is very pink and raw. The skin peeled off on its own.