Notifications
Clear all

TCA CROSS: No redness, no scabbing, no results?

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 09/25/2019 3:16 pm

Hi everyone. I had my first TCA CROSS treatment performed yesterday by a certified doctor. He used 90% strength TCA for my ice pick scarring. I had the frosting after the initial treatment, but it disappeared within two hours, and the discomfort disappeared within another hour. I am now coming to the end of Day 2 and I have no discomfort, no redness, no frosting, and no signs of scabbing. My skin looks more or less exactly the same. I'm starting to get a little worried that my skin just... isn't reacting to the treatment? Has anyone else experienced this? Am I being a bit premature and need to wait a few more days? For reference, I am 26 with caucasian skin.

IMG_1534.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 09/25/2019 8:24 pm

This is typical, very busy with my PM's but wanted to tell you. It takes time, multiple sessions, you will need 4 sessions. Have them use acetone or degrease your skin before performing or you can do this with a nail polish remover prior to treatments.

You don't see changes with cross for some months latter. It's gradual. Does not make instant results. If you don't like their method goto a different provider and try the procedure.

You will need Fraxel 1927nm as well many passes over the cheeks, perhaps some rf needling as well.

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 09/26/2019 2:42 am

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

This is typical, very busy with my PM's but wanted to tell you. It takes time, multiple sessions, you will need 3-6 sessions. Have them use acetone or degrease your skin before performing or you can do this with a nail polish remover prior to treatments.

You don't see changes with cross for some months latter. It's gradual. Does not make instant results. If you don't like their method goto a different provider and try the procedure.

You will need Fraxel 1927nm as well many passes over the cheeks, perhaps some rf needling as well.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let know!

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 09/27/2019 1:01 pm

when i had it done it did not hurt at all, i felt it for maybe only 5-10 seconds

be gentle with it and try to forget about for a few weeks

no direct water from shower

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 09/27/2019 3:43 pm

I had tca cross done too, not too long ago. Same story, frosted, didn't scab, and sad to say I have no real results. I'm 26 too btw. However, my doctor didn't use tca higher than 50%, which I think had a lot to do with the lack of results. Next time I'm doing a real tca cross (70 - 100%) and I'll see if I have better/any results.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 09/27/2019 5:25 pm

Bad! do phenol cross and a doctor trained by Rullan. He's trained so many people. You can literally find them anywhere, I live in a small town In Arkansas and I was able to find phenol cross doctor 2 hours away.

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 09/28/2019 4:59 pm

23 hours ago, joeysk said:

Bad! do phenol cross and a doctor trained by Rullan. He's trained so many people. You can literally find them anywhere, I live in a small town In Arkansas and I was able to find phenol cross doctor 2 hours away. 

@joeysk I am based in the UK and cannot find ANYONE who offers phenol cross anywhere in the country! :(

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 09/28/2019 6:33 pm

Just an update: my skin started to scab over on the third day. I'm now on day 5 and this is an updated pic from today. Some of the scabs are very small and seem to sit "inside" the scar rather than completely scabbing over the scar. I definitely think some of my scars have gotten wider (but hopefully more shallow), but I also know that I need to be patient as the the healing process takes many weeks. That being said, if anyone with similar skin to mine has undergone this process and had good results, please send me the success stories. Anyone noticed that scars didn't look as wide after a few months after the treatment? My self-esteem is very delicate at the moment.

IMG_1570.JPG

On 9/27/2019 at 7:01 PM, cookingENG said:

when i had it done it did not hurt at all, i felt it for maybe only 5-10 seconds

be gentle with it and try to forget about for a few weeks

no direct water from shower

Thanks @cookingENG.

I didn't know about no direct water from the shower, and unfortunately read your comment just AFTER I had direct water from the shower. *facepalm.* But it doesn't seem to have taken any of my scabs off, and I'll be avoiding direct water/taking baths for the next few days instead.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 09/29/2019 9:19 am

yes the recovery phase is really really tough mentally, especially when the scar becomes wider and red

i get paranoid about sleeping as i move around in the night and showering becasue im scared to knock the scab off early. thats why ive taken a week off work this time in hopes itl fall off during this time

i find it so hard to cope during this period, but TCA Cross is much more predictable than say a laser or peel, you have targeted the scar directly. give it time once the scab falls off things go back to normal very quickly

im going for cross next week actually. i find it much better than laser as im in and out clinic and not coming out looking like a inflamed tomato

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 09/29/2019 9:41 am

19 minutes ago, cookingENG said:

yes the recovery phase is really really tough mentally, especially when the scar becomes wider and red

i get paranoid about sleeping as i move around in the night and showering becasue im scared to knock the scab off early. thats why ive taken a week off work this time in hopes itl fall off during this time

i find it so hard to cope during this period, but TCA Cross is much more predictable than say a laser or peel, you have targeted the scar directly. give it time once the scab falls off things go back to normal very quickly

im going for cross next week actually. i find it much better than laser as im in and out clinic and not coming out looking like a inflamed tomato

Thanks @cookingENGYeah I'm finding this coping period really emotionally difficult. One of the scabs fell off today, and the scar looks more red AND it looks deeper, so I'm freaking out, trying to tell myself to stay patient and that it might take time for the collagen to build up and/or might require a few treatments. But man, I nearly cried when I looked in the mirror and saw it today.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 09/29/2019 10:25 am

42 minutes ago, PreciousRubies said:

Thanks @cookingENGYeah I'm finding this coping period really emotionally difficult. One of the scabs fell off today, and the scar looks more red AND it looks deeper, so I'm freaking out, trying to tell myself to stay patient and that it might take time for the collagen to build up and/or might require a few treatments. But man, I nearly cried when I looked in the mirror and saw it today.

give it time, the redness often makes the area look much worse

i did get new scars from a laser, it was a very bad time. now im very careful and dont do any combo treatments

acne scarring is horrendous, the treatments are russian roulette

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 10/01/2019 3:52 am

The first 2 weeks of recovery are usually very hard. Even first 2 days are better. But later when the scabs fall off and u see red deep scars are all the same it is really bad. Then next 2 weeks are hard too but better. Then the next month evrth is slightly peeling and moth superficial scabs. And only after that all calms down and u can see if there are any changes...morally the recovery period is very hard, harder then the treatment itself.

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 10/01/2019 5:17 am

1 hour ago, Sibel said:

The first 2 weeks of recovery are usually very hard. Even first 2 days are better. But later when the scabs fall off and u see red deep scars are all the same it is really bad. Then next 2 weeks are hard too but better. Then the next month evrth is slightly peeling and moth superficial scabs. And only after that all calms down and u can see if there are any changes...morally the recovery period is very hard, harder then the treatment itself.

@Sibelyou've just described exactly where I'm at: I'm on Day 7 and the scabs are starting to fall off, but the scars look red, deeper, and worse than they were before. I am learning to be patient. Really appreciate this forum and you all reassuring me that this is normal and that all hope is not lost.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 10/02/2019 5:28 am

It's normal for it to look worse before it gets better. It's cliched, but true with TCA cross. The widening is a very typical side effect that resolves over time. I know you are going through it right now but objectively speaking, your skin does not look bad at all. Good luck with your healing.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 10/02/2019 8:41 pm

I am on day 5 of phenol Cross. Wishing you good luck =D

MemberMember
(@wobbywob)

Posted : 10/02/2019 11:11 pm

2 hours ago, joeysk said:

I am on day 5 of phenol Cross. Wishing you good luck =D

Keep us updated. Rulan? Fair or Dark skin?

MemberMember
(@preciousrubies)

Posted : 10/05/2019 4:33 am

On 10/2/2019 at 11:28 AM, dazzed said:

It's normal for it to look worse before it gets better.  It's cliched, but true with TCA cross.   The widening is a very typical side effect that resolves over time.   I know you are going through it right now but objectively speaking, your skin does not look bad at all.   Good luck with your healing.  

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. I'm still struggling. I'm on Day 11 now and almost all of my scabs have fallen off to reveal scars that look much deeper than before. I'm trying to be patient over the next 6 weeks or so to see what happens. 

IMG_1632.JPG

MemberMember
(@jasonbourne)

Posted : 10/19/2019 6:07 am

hey just wanted to say i had worse scars than yours, the very worst/deepest being right on the tip of my nose. i could hardly bear to look at myself.

it took three treatments with 100% TCA and plenty of time and patience but i dont even notice the scars any more. so hang in there. and yeah its normal for things to look worse after the scabs fall etc. you just have to try and distract yourself, watch some good boxsets or go for walks..(use sunscreen though!)

i wrote a rather rambling report under a previous name, BloomingWasp, on this forum.

this treatment does work but i totally understand your mental state, it takes a lot of patience. good luck, pm me if you have any more questions

MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 11/19/2019 10:50 pm

Hey all, I have a treatment in a few days with Dr. Rullan.

How long did it take for the pitted areas to start looking the same as before treatment? How long before you start noticing improvements compared to baseline?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@charmedwitch)

Posted : 12/13/2019 11:05 pm

hello, could you give as an update?

MemberMember
(@bams)

Posted : 01/25/2020 6:17 pm

I did tca cross 100% For my self and its working

on the second day it should leave the black crust. and will peel off on days four or five

freshman liked