Notifications
Clear all

Reintroducing Retin-A after TCA Cross Timeline?

MemberMember
(@lightbulb01)

Posted : 09/22/2019 12:01 pm

Hi folks, first time poster,

I recently had TCA cross performed about 3 weeks ago. I've always had acne, but manage to get it controlled using retin-A. Since then, I stop using Retin-A, but getting minor acne flare up (not a lot). How long should I wait to reintroduce Retin-A into my routine again? The scabs have fallen off between day 7-10, and there slight redness in the treated scars, which is expected. I understand that collagen is what remodels and flattens the scar and wondering if Retin-A would interfere.

Thanks in advance for your advise folks!

Cheers,

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 09/23/2019 8:21 pm

Call your doctor he or she is in charge of after care. I usually wait 2-3 weeks before any products after CROSS.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 09/25/2019 12:10 pm

how is the areas treated after 2 weeks? are the areas red?

MemberMember
(@lightbulb01)

Posted : 09/26/2019 10:37 pm

Thanks for your response!

@joeys The provider was aware of my regimen and said 2 weeks should be sufficient to restart my product, but when I was recounting her statement, I realized that it was lil vague and wanted to double check specifically for retin-A. Unfortunately, she's out on vacation so haven't been able to get in contact with her.

@cookingENG The areas are a little red only where the scabs fell off, but they're not raw,irritated (aren'tsensitive or sting), nor inflamed. They're just dark reddish hyperpigmentation-like.

Cheers,

LightBulb

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 09/27/2019 1:03 pm

sounds like its healing great, i wouldnt put retin a on it for a month after but you can apply to the rest of the face

keep the area treated moist