Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’ve just recently started the pill ‘Ovranette’ and have been using it for nearly three weeks now. I’ve also just turned 17. Over the past year I have been prescribed many antibiotics for my skin but nothing really was working. In May I decided to start Yasmin and I saw a big difference in my skin for the three months I was on it but, I did some research on it and I just didn’t  feel comfortable or safe using it so I decided to come off it and that’s when I switched to ovranette. I had seen lots of positive reviews about it and how it had helped keep a lot of peoples’ skin under control and also help to clear it up. I haven’t seen much of a difference so far and my skin actually broke out a few days ago and it’s been one of the worst breakouts I’ve had in a while. I’m just wondering will it take up to 2-3 months for me to see a difference and does it normally cause acne to worsen before it gets better. I am also using differin at night as I am taking a break from duac gel and I’m just wondering does differin work for everyone or do I also have to be patient with that too. I wash my face with the la roche posay foaming efficlar wash as I have oily skin and I find this helps, I use the toner that comes in the set with it too. After I apply my differin gel I put a mix of aloe Vera gel and tea tree oil on as a moisturizer. I only started to do this a few days ago and see a small improvement with the tea tree oil. I am willing to try anything at this stage.

Thanks.

Edited by Emma-