Notifications
Clear all

Consistent atrophic scarring help

MemberMember
(@manonamission)

Posted : 09/10/2019 6:16 pm

Hey, guys, I felt like reaching out since Im growing desperate. I started scarring severely on one side of my cheek recently. Theyre primarily rolling and boxcar scars. Itried taking collagen supplements, but they are not helping. I fear that my whole cheek will be very, very bad in coming time. My acne itself isnt bad, its just that the average pimple will even leave a depression. I dont know what to do

MemberMember
(@ptaa)

Posted : 09/10/2019 8:14 pm

I had the same spontaneous onset of scarring. Have you been taking any medications? My "solution" was to get on accutane, since that will hopefully prevent even average pimples. I'm only on my first month though.

MemberMember
(@manonamission)

Posted : 09/10/2019 8:44 pm

28 minutes ago, PTAA said:

I had the same spontaneous onset of scarring. Have you been taking any medications? My "solution" was to get on accutane, since that will hopefully prevent even average pimples. I'm only on my first month though.

Im not on any medications. Its pretty difficult for me to afford accutane unfortunately. Im trying to figure out why any acne results in atrophic scarring. It definitely seems rare to me.

MemberMember
(@ptaa)

Posted : 09/10/2019 9:36 pm

49 minutes ago, Manonamission said:

Im not on any medications. Its pretty difficult for me to afford accutane unfortunately. Im trying to figure out why any acne results in atrophic scarring. It definitely seems rare to me.

One look around any university will tell you acne atrophic acne scarring is extremely common. I would guess up to 1/3 of people that I see on a daily basis have substantial scarring.

How is your zinc and protein intake? There's some evidence that these play significant role in wound healing.

MemberMember
(@manonamission)

Posted : 09/11/2019 2:25 pm

16 hours ago, PTAA said:

One look around any university will tell you acne atrophic acne scarring is extremely common. I would guess up to 1/3 of people that I see on a daily basis have substantial scarring.

How is your zinc and protein intake? There's some evidence that these play significant role in wound healing.

Thank you for the prompt response. I really appreciate it. Notwithstanding, I don't necessarily think atrophic scarring is rare. I just think that my issue where every pimple creates a scar is what I think may be rare, but I am not an expert, so it's probably my bias showing. Anyhow, I take zinc supplements (and also niacin) daily. I eat meat every day. Maybe I should eat other foods with high protein?