Notifications
Clear all

DISCUSSION: Best make up/skin products/tools, techniques, tricks do you use to plump your skin & fill in/diminish appearance of scarring?

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 09/01/2019 10:18 pm

I have become more and more obsessed with the scarring on my cheeks recently and the ways in which I can improve their appearance.. have been researching and researching, while feeling a bit underwhelmed.  I will be scheduling my first multi-pass blunt cannula subcision with 1 vial of overly diluted sculptra filler session  this week on the treatment front  ;P.

However, I understand that treatment takes soooo long - as we all know that atrophic acne scarring is better with a wide variety of treatments, 3-8 subcisions, ending with energy devices for texture etc etc. 

Also is the reality that home runs should not be expected when it comes to atrophic acne scarring treatment and that most of us will need to be happy with third base... 

./rant 

I'm asking the community, what are your top go-to  make up/skin products/tools, techniques, tricks that you use to plump your skin & fill in/diminish appearance of scarring in every day or special occasions? If you are guilty of putting your hand in the microswelling jar too frequently, what is your go to microswelling method? ;P

It really grinds my gears that it's 2019 and we still don't have microswelling available in a bottle...  or a make-up product that's easily to apply and will act like speckle for our pits..but I disgress

Anyways, I'll start things off with my favorite products to diminish the appearance of my scarring. My scarring is exclusively on my cheeks btw.

--> Ordered a derminator but as we all know, will take months to arrive. 

1. Dermaflage - but I lose my patience with it too quickl

PRIMERS

• Tarte - Timeless Smoothing Primer
  • Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch (#1)
  • The Porefessional - Benefit Cosmetics
  • NYX - Porefiller
  • Babyface - Maybelline

Sunscreen: Replenix Antioxidant Sunscreen Moisturizer SPF 50+ - I like to think the caffeine in it tightens my skin and makes the tethered scars less noticeable lol... 

Microswelling techniques:

• Sometimes i'll go on GroupOn / look for deals on laser packages that are cheap like ematrix just for the microswelling xD... gotta do what you gotta do (I know ematrix will give modest improvement to texture as well, after several treatments)
  • Dermapen / PRP
  • Mesotherapy with skin boosters
  • 0.5-2.5mm dermarolling

Skincare Products

• Hyaluronic acid serum (I really like the timeless one but also want to try a bunch of others so if you hyaluronic acid, please share your fav!)
  • Murad Acne Scar Resurfacing Serum: got this recently, having seen any really changes since using this product tbh. Won't buy again
  • Niacid: actually do notice a diminished appearance of my scarring when I use this. However I just bought it a week ago so waaaay too early to tell. I'm really skeptical about topicals too, but couldn't resist purchasing it after reading a plethora of glowing reviews ... though that's also why I bought the Murad serum. Plus, I love Murad.

On my list of things to try in the future [like way way future, after i've been all subcision-ed out

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/02/2019 5:43 am

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 09/02/2019 1:38 pm

HA serum. I shower in this. A little bit goes a long way. applying 1 pump to moist face is the best effect or 2 pumps if you have no access to water. I do this like 2-3 times a day.I found that using too much can lead to dry skin and making it look worse. Moist face amplifies the product, I did 4 pumps on moist face and it looked like it sucked all the water out of my skin horrible HAHA.

Other than that, if you want microswelling I think just doing derminator on fast 0.5mm 1 passshould do the trick with 1 day downtime. I avoid the cheekbone, since It makes me bleed if it do it there.