Notifications
Clear all

1st time Subcision for Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/01/2019 11:14 am

Hi there guys,

I have been lurking around this acne forum and also the real self forum. So I want to give something back in return for all the information here.

Background, I went for infini RF and it did NOTHING for my deeply anchored tethered scar. The doctor I went to did not use angled lighting to look at my acne scar and when I suggested subcision, he brushed me aside saying it is invasive and laser is a well known treatment which works wonder. I am still sore because I spent quite a bit of money  and suffered for it. I probably collected a few hundred photos on it with much disappointment.

Now, 1 year later, I am older and wiser, I went to a doctor whom I did a background check that he is open to the suggestion of subcision. But I ignored all the upselling of subcision + laser or special ointment for recovery. I asked for filler to prevent the scar from tethering back but he suggested some sculptra thingy which is very expensive. It will rebuild collagen but will NOT prevent the scar from being glued back. I opted for the 2nd best, which is some salmon dna thingy because there was an offer. It does not make sense if the scars get tethered down again but I have the trick up my sleeves after reading the forum here.

After the subcision, I went home and order a chinese cupping set for $10 and tested the suctioning on the left side of my face occasionally. It left me with extended bruising for more than a week but it prevented the scars from being glued back! You can see the left side has less depression.

There are a few downsides of subcision, because it left some lumps but I massaged them with cheap Vaseline everyday and they diminishes. I am assessing the situation and would probably do it once my face recovered. It is only a month since I last subcised. 

Attached is the before and after.

Do you think it would be a good idea to post my journey on Youtube? I understand that a Youtube celebrity like  Davin Lim probably won't see this, but I am camera shy and probably need some guidance on talking on Youtube about my face, and the embarrassment and shame I feel. :(  

Before.jpg

After.jpg

tortoiseshell9, dazzed, Dodgerguy and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 09/01/2019 11:30 am

14 minutes ago, AcneScarGuy said:

Hi there guys,

I have been lurking around this acne forum and also the real self forum. So I want to give something back in return for all the information here.

Background, I went for infini RF and it did NOTHING for my deeply anchored tethered scar. The doctor I went to did not use angled lighting to look at my acne scar and when I suggested subcision, he brushed me aside saying it is invasive and laser is a well known treatment which works wonder. I am still sore because I spent quite a bit of money  and suffered for it. I probably collected a few hundred photos on it with much disappointment.

Now, 1 year later, I am older and wiser, I went to a doctor whom I did a background check that he is open to the suggestion of subcision. But I ignored all the upselling of subcision + laser or special ointment for recovery. I asked for filler to prevent the scar from tethering back but he suggested some sculptra thingy which is very expensive. It will rebuild collagen but will NOT prevent the scar from being glued back. I opted for the 2nd best, which is some salmon dna thingy because there was an offer. It does not make sense if the scars get tethered down again but I have the trick up my sleeves after reading the forum here.

After the subcision, I went home and order a chinese cupping set for $10 and tested the suctioning on the left side of my face occasionally. It left me with extended bruising for more than a week but it prevented the scars from being glued back! You can see the left side has less depression.

There are a few downsides of subcision, because it left some lumps but I massaged them with cheap Vaseline everyday and they diminishes. I am assessing the situation and would probably do it once my face recovered. It is only a month since I last subcised. 

Attached is the before and after.

Do you think it would be a good idea to post my journey on Youtube? I understand that a Youtube celebrity like  Davin Lim probably won't see this, but I am camera shy and probably need some guidance on talking on Youtube about my face, and the embarrassment and shame I feel. :(  

Before.jpg

After.jpg

how long are the before and afters apart? when did you start seeing results?

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/01/2019 11:32 am

Just now, daelz7 said:

how long are the before and afters apart? when did you start seeing results?

I said 1 month apart in my post for the before and after. You see results immediately because your face is puffed up like a balloon but the swelling goes down in 1-2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@ben_stokes)

Posted : 09/01/2019 1:50 pm

2 hours ago, AcneScarGuy said:

I said 1 month apart in my post for the before and after. You see results immediately because your face is puffed up like a balloon but the swelling goes down in 1-2 weeks.

Very nice improvements. Did you notice an immediate improvement after the initial swelling went down? Did you notice any further improvements in weeks 3 and 4 due to collagen formation?

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/01/2019 6:23 pm

5 hours ago, Ben_Stokes said:

Very nice improvements. Did you notice an immediate improvement after the initial swelling went down? Did you notice any further improvements in weeks 3 and 4 due to collagen formation?

Collagen formation takes months, but i have immediate improvement from breaking and releasing the scars.

MemberMember
(@the-truth-about-scars-2)

Posted : 09/03/2019 11:45 am

You are very brave in wanting to help, I would like to know more details of the 10 dollar sucker. "link" and how aggressive did you use it, for how many minutes and every day?

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 09/05/2019 11:32 pm

this is amazing , how come not alot of people are commenting on this.

tomwaits and swen liked
MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/08/2019 11:24 am

On 9/4/2019 at 12:45 AM, the truth about scars..... said:

You are very brave in wanting to help, I would like to know more details of the 10 dollar sucker. "link" and how aggressive did you use it, for how many minutes and every day?

Looks like this. Cost me less than $10. I used it on alternate days for a week. Only 10 seconds each time. This extended the bruising.

cupping.PNG

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 09/09/2019 6:16 am

Thank you for sharing your case. I will continue to follow your treatments.

MemberMember
(@jck17)

Posted : 09/13/2019 8:20 am

Thanks for sharing your journey. I would be happy to follow your journey. Please keep us updated :)

MemberMember
(@tryinghard123)

Posted : 09/13/2019 9:10 am

what about trying phenol peel and chemabrasion? i heard that does miracles for acne scars? dr rullan?

MemberMember
(@lvl100dani)

Posted : 09/13/2019 12:18 pm

Hey!

First of all, I think you should do a youtube channel because to be honest, there isnt many videos of people actually doing the procedure and talking about it. Mainly just a few doctors with a youtube channel. I think it would be informative.

I had a similar journey but with the sub I also did bellafill and it did wonders. My skin is evened out, I had the puffs for a few days but it went away, also, I despite dermatologists who use our pain as source of money, cant tell you how any times doctors suggested bs, overly priced lasers that did nothing for me.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 09/20/2019 2:09 am

great results! your scars definitely benefited from subcision. do you think scars will retether after a couple of months?

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 09/22/2019 11:31 am

My first attempt for youtube. Should I do commentary?

MemberMember
(@wobbywob)

Posted : 09/22/2019 11:51 am

Keep it up. I suggest you get phenol cross (or tca) to improve large pores and your boxcar as well as your ice pick scars.

MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 12/01/2019 2:17 am

Absolutely amazing improvement. Did it stay that way, get better or sink back down? Please update :)

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 12/01/2019 6:14 pm

Amazing results bravo

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/01/2019 7:54 pm

Your skin has improved a lot. Congratulations.

MemberMember
(@acnescarguy)

Posted : 07/19/2020 11:13 am

Hi guys, some update for you all. I had done my 2nd subcision 3 days ago after 1 year recovery. As far as I am concern, most of the rolling scars are gone permanently after the 1st.

MemberMember
(@sarathegerman)

Posted : 07/19/2020 7:24 pm

Nice to hear @AcneScarGuy

Heal well 

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 08/05/2020 11:20 pm

Wow. Fantastic results!

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 08/09/2020 4:17 pm

On 7/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, AcneScarGuy said:

Hi guys, some update for you all. I had done my 2nd subcision 3 days ago after 1 year recovery. As far as I am concern, most of the rolling scars are gone permanently after the 1st.

PLS let us know what suction method you used. how do we buy the machine?

MemberMember
(@outkast93)

Posted : 08/10/2020 2:50 am

@daelz7

On 9/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, AcneScarGuy said:

Looks like this. Cost me less than $10. I used it on alternate days for a week. Only 10 seconds each time. This extended the bruising.

Amazon Chinese Cupping Set:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AI1QOGK/

MemberMember
(@deirdre080690)

Posted : 08/16/2020 12:33 am

Hi, im in singapore too. Which drdo you do your subcision? Thanks

MemberMember
(@rosinsky404gmail-com)

Posted : 08/17/2020 11:09 pm

Hey AcneScarGuy- did you use Rejuran S or a different type of Rejuran? I know Rejuran S is made especially for acne scars but I haven't been able to find much info on people using that specific type of the filler. I guess in Singapore (and maybe SK?) there are laws about the before and after pictures you can post so there aren't too many pictures online. How long did the filler last? Did you get it topped up this last time? 

This documentation is very helpful- I loved your new video :)