Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's Your Dating History With Acne ?

Growing up I alwayed knew I was a lesbian. At school, boys didn't know that but, as far as I know, none of them liked me. I was very overweight and at 12 I got super bad acne, and I was also super shy and a tomboy. I was in the closet until age 22 so no dating in childhood. At age 25 I got my first girlfriend, a clear skinned 28 year old lady. I was so shy with her because of my skin and weight. Similar situation with my 2nd girlfriend at 28, my 3rd girlfriend at age 33, and my 4th girlfriend at age 37. From age 41 to 45 (I am 45 now), I lost a ton of weight. I am still overweight but I am not very obese like I was before. But my skin was still an issue. A few months ago I started dating a woman with worse acne than mine. Now I love her and she loves me. We are both comfortable with each other about our skin and our overweight bodies. 

Another post I relate to so much. I too have both skin problems and weight problems. I hate dated a few guys and all of them had acne. My current boyfriend has acne and he is also overweight. 

23 year old female here: Never dated. My facial and body acne is too severe. I have been offered Accutane but I'm still frightened of taking it. I have this hope inside of me if my skin enters a more ''human'' looking state I could maybe find a boyfriend but that's a long shot. I'll probably have bad scars too. 

I think you'll find people are fairly accepting. Even though I still have some scarring, it's not been too bad.

At this point, I'm literally pulling out of a new girl almost every single week, sometimes more than one. If I can do it, you can too. What's done is done, focus on maximizing what you can.

The worst thing you can do is get down on yourself and ruminate. That won't ever change the scarring. Yeah, the pain is still there, but you just gotta move forward. It's the only way. There's no doubt about it, acne is painful. But it can help you develop a powerful character. Learn the lessons it can teach you.

Whenever you're in a hard workout or you feel like quitting, channel that energy. Remind yourself how you're still here, you've been through harder things. That pain didn't stop you and neither will this situation. There's a lot of power in suffering.

Acne helps show you that life isn't fair. Sometimes, life is bullshit. Actually, a lot of life is bullshit. You can do what seems like everything right, and still get fucked. It is what it is. But that's when it's high time to roll up those sleeves and get to it.

Edited by FvckAcne