Notifications
Clear all

breakouts after getting off the birth control pill

MemberMember
(@an1997)

Posted : 08/31/2019 8:30 pm

Hi. I stopped the pill a few months ago and after having perfect skin my whole life I've been experiencing moderate breakouts. I dont care about the breakouts its just they leave me scars almost everytime! Real scars and pigmentation on top of the scars! Should i go back on the Pill? It made me go from 110 lbs to 200lbs and after stopping it i went back to 110lbs in 3 months? Not doing anything special.

I never had a breakout before so going back on the pill might no help im not sure.

Any advice? Thanks guysss

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 08/31/2019 10:07 pm

Look into PCOS. I got off the pill and started breaking out. I didnt have weight gain but my digestion was all messed up. Turned out I had undiagnosed PCOS and insulin resistance. Im back on the pill, 100mg spironolactone, and will be going on metformin soon for the insulin resistance. If your fasting glucose test comes backnormal insist on the oral glucose test. Developing type 2 diabetes is a big worry with insulin resistance/PCOS so Iwould look into it if you can. You *might* be able to manage the acne without birth control if youre on spironolactone and metformin.