Notifications
Clear all

Topicals Working Perfectly!

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 08/26/2019 9:25 am

If you've read any of my previous posts in Diet & Holistic Health, I am able to get my skin clear through strict nutrition, but moving around it is hard to keep up and after living in a polluted place when it was hard to eat the foods that fixed my skinI had bad inflammatory acne on my cheek (not even 'properly' active, but red and wouldn't go away).

I've found a routine that has had my skin completely clear for over a month now (including nokey breakout period mid-cycle), so wanted to share.

Am using Azelaic Acid (Finacea until Skinoren is in stock) in the morning and Differin0.1% in the evening and it improved my skin tone immediately and cleared up my skin gradually from the start.

Eventually I plan to use Skinoren (20% Azelaic Acid) twice a day as it has been shown to be as effective as Differin and BP when used twice daily.

I use Micellar water then wash with a very gentle cleanser (REN Rose) and only exfoliate with a cheap silicone Foreo style device. In the morning I use Micellar water and EltaMD suncream only.Have been moisturising after the Differin with La Roche-Posay Duo, but actually thinking to switch to a more gentle product even. Strangely Differin has not dried out my skin and I haven't noticed any negative effects from it as mentioned online.

My skin has been soft to touch since I started this and scars faded very quickly. I love that the Differin is clinically proven to reducewrinkles and sun damage too!

I like not having to be so strict about my diet anymore.

The next level up from this would be Duac + Differin used at different times of the day, but I only had mild-moderate.

Hope this helps someone!

MemberMember
(@coldcat)

Posted : 08/30/2019 11:48 am

I read somewhere that even though Finacea has 15% Azelaic acid, it's more effective than Skinoren 20% because of its gel formulation so it's absorbed better.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 08/31/2019 4:01 am

16 hours ago, ColdCat said:

I read somewhere that even though Finacea has 15% Azelaic acid, it's more effective than Skinoren 20% because of its gel formulation so it's absorbed better.

Good tip! I thought the Skinoren was a gel also? I know that Finacea is not licenced for acne, but Skinoren is. Will do more research. Thank you for the info, it's super helpful!

The study was actually on Finacea I believe.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 08/31/2019 4:23 am

Before and after pics. The before picture is obvious, the third picture is 2 weeks after focusing on diet and the middle picture (taken in different light) is after the topicals for 1.5 months. No make-up in any.

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 10.19.04.png

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 10.19.51.png

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 10.21.39.png