Notifications
Clear all

Make up with treatment

MemberMember
(@trizzy)

Posted : 08/26/2019 5:39 am

HEY,

I wanted to know, is it okay to apply make up when using benzoyl peroxide. if yes, how often and when should make up be applied

if no, how long should one wait to resume using make up?

secondly, am currently starting medication on benzoyl peroxide (pernex AC). 1. is it as effective? 2. is it effective when used alongside clear T gel to clear dark spots?

Please let me know.

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 08/26/2019 10:24 am

When you apply makeup, you have to make sure that your skin is notdehydrated because of benzoyl peroxyde. A good tip would be to use bp at night and to prime your face in the morning using lightweight serums and non comedogenic gel creams. Also, if your find that you still have dry parched in the morning, you can use a VERYgentle physical exfoliator, like a powder one. Overall, if your skin is still peeling and super itchy or red, you have to wait a few weeks until your skin gets used to the treatments because otherwise, makeup would only make your skin worse.Then, i find that the best makeup for acne prone skin is pure loose mineral makeup.a) because it dosen't clog your pores or irritate your skin b) because it looks super natural if applied correctly. If you have bigger spots or super noticeable hyperpigmentation you can use a concealer before but just on these spots. I find that the laura mercier secret camouflage is great for that. And then, you can use your powder on top, and take time to really buff the product with a kabuki by using little product each time to build layers if necessary. I find the best powders are from lily lolo and alima pure. Theyalso send samples to try.