Notifications
Clear all

Cancer risk in several scar treatments

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 08/24/2019 12:28 pm

Hello to everyone.

Every body with moderate to severe scar know that treating scars needs many invasivetreatment sessions.

Every invasive treatment cause some changes and trauma in skin cells and will cause in increasing proliferation rate of skin cells.

I want to know can many treatment sessionsfor scar, cause skin cancer diseases ?

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 08/25/2019 11:38 pm

probably the opposite.

the treatments of acne scars are known to stimulate skin turnover which prevents skin cancer

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 08/31/2019 4:23 am

On 8/26/2019 at 9:08 AM, De Rerum Natura said:

probably the opposite.

the treatments of acne scars are known to stimulate skin turnover which prevents skin cancer

But I think every factor which cause stimulate skin turnover can increase the risk of skin cancers.

I did a realy invasive co2 laser last year and now I want to do one or two subcision with microneedling to finish my scar journey but I fear because I think I put too much pressure on my skin

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 09/02/2019 1:41 pm

On 8/31/2019 at 6:23 AM, Nemesis 89 said:

But I think every factor which cause stimulate skin turnover can increase the risk of skin cancers.

I did a realy invasive co2 laser last year and now I want to do one or two subcision with microneedling to finish my scar journey but I fear because I think I put too much pressure on my skin

Not if its controlled.

If u do treatments in a decent time gap its perfectly fine.

However, if u hurt your skin in the same place over and over again and dont let your skin heal, not only ur increasing risk of skin cancer but destroying your skin permanently and being susceptible to infections.

I do undestand that u fear from a skin cancer and thats maybe not worth for you the risk, u should look for professional advice if u really want to know for sure, wish you the best of luck

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 09/02/2019 3:07 pm

1 hour ago, De Rerum Natura said:

Not if its controlled.

If u do treatments in a decent time gap its perfectly fine.

However, if u hurt your skin in the same place over and over again and dont let your skin heal, not only ur increasing risk of skin cancer but destroying your skin permanently and being susceptible to infections.

I do undestand that u fear from a skin cancer and thats maybe not worth for you the risk, u should look for professional advice if u really want to know for sure, wish you the best of luck

Thanks my friend.

My skin is still a little red even after one year of my co2 laser, so I want to wait more untill the redness gone then I do sub+micro

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 09/02/2019 3:24 pm

did laser improve your scarring?

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 09/03/2019 12:12 am

8 hours ago, acnescars2000 said:

did laser improve your scarring?

Yes my scarring improved a lot but the prolonged and huge redness after the laser and hard aftercare does NOT worth the improvement...

Even after 15 months my skin still is not in its own white color

The complete healing process from this laser takes around 2 years I think

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/04/2019 1:29 am

On 9/2/2019 at 10:12 PM, Nemesis 89 said:

Yes my scarring improved a lot but the prolonged and huge redness after the laser and hard aftercare does NOT worth the improvement...

Even after 15 months my skin still is not in its own white color

The complete healing process from this laser takes around 2 years I think

What are you using for aftercare if you don't mind me asking?

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 09/04/2019 5:22 am

3 hours ago, dodgerguy18 said:

What are you using for aftercare if you don't mind me asking?

I used lot of creams.

Repairing creamswhitening creams antiinflammatory creams sunscreens etc...

The laser teara very thick layer of skin and this cause both prolonged redness and good improvement and also long and hard aftercare

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 09/04/2019 8:20 am

Related to OP's topic: https://www.oumere.com/blogs/news/how-dermarolling-causes-collagen-breakdown-premature-aging-and-possibly-cancer

Does anybody have any further information regarding microneedling causing these problems later down the line?

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/04/2019 12:55 pm

I'd go see a dermatologist and see if they think something like V beam would help your skin if it's just redness. I've had success with Cerave and AHA creams and also aloe vera.

MemberMember
(@nemesis-89)

Posted : 09/05/2019 1:29 am

12 hours ago, dodgerguy18 said:

I'd go see a dermatologist and see if they think something like V beam would help your skin if it's just redness. I've had success with Cerave and AHA creams and also aloe vera.

Thanks but I think v beam and etc is for redness caused by vein problems, my redness seems caused by comeout of the inner layer of skin(which is more reddish than outer skin) and inflammatory response.

Any way if my redness does not gone in few month I will do v beam