Which product to bu...

Notifications
Clear all

Which product to buy for treating dehydrated face?

MemberMember
(@erik8ace)

Posted : 08/23/2019 5:55 am

I would like to use urea on my dehydrated face because of fungal acne. Here's the options on my buying list:

• Hada Labo Tokyo Skin Plumping Gel Cream (5% hydroxyethyl urea)
  • Hada Labo Gokujyun Perfect Gel (5% hydroxyethyl urea)
  • Hada Labo Gokujyun Premium Lotion (3% hydroxyethyl urea)
  • Eucerin Urea Repair Face Cream (5% urea)

I noticed there are two types of urea which are urea and hydroxyethyl urea. Are they the same thing? Which one is good for repairing, exfoliating and moisturizing based on its keratolytic and hydrating properties?

MemberMember
(@j_kimberly)

Posted : 11/06/2019 10:08 pm

In general, hydroxyethyl is a derivative of urea. The only difference is that it's synthetic.
Can't say for you, but I use Hada Labo Premium and it works pretty good for me though it's not an ultimate solution.

So as for dehydration, I believe that it's not that your face is dry, andI took this to mean not just your face, but body as well. Here a couple of tips:
When I exit the shower, I moisturize with a medium body cream as the body oils weren't working for me. And I also wrote about essential oils which I use in my previous post.

On 9/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, j_kimberly said:

I shower every other day which making my dry skinworse. So I usemore of the natural oilsto keep naturally moisturized -here you can see some of them which work just fine for dry skin. My favorite solution is an almond oil, applied while in the shower with a scrubby exfoliating towel.That gets the dead skin off and hydrates the new skin and, with the scrubby towel, you can get all those hard to reach places like the middle of your back. Then, after the shower, I may also apply regular skin lotion.

Drinks lots of water or substitute water for other drinks - it helps (source). And think about keeping a humidifier in your room at night to keep the surface of your skin from drying out overnight. I have a different one, but I can confirm - it works.
Plus for sleeping hygiene, change your sheets and pillow cases regularly.
Take oil supplements.
Eat good helping of vegetables and fats.
Exfoliate the skin -I started using my dry brush again.

Hope this helps!