Notifications
Clear all

WHAT TREATMENT FOR MY SCARS?

MemberMember
(@cleanbowling)

Posted : 08/19/2019 1:10 pm

Hi There 

I have healed 95% of my acne and have alot of scarring left...

i have had over 24 dermapen treatments with 4 weeks apart for over 2 years... Results do NOT last... skin looks healed and acne scars seem to go for a week after the dermapen then start to show again 1 week after treatment.

My skincare is good i use Advance Nutrition brands collagen support tablets, Pixi glow tonic toner (glycolic toner), retinoid, hylaronic acid and Environ AVST Moisturiser but still no change in results!

Really dont know what treatment to get done now... thinking about Subcision, TCA Cross then Co2 Laser....?

D2E26F75-7D30-4A23-B5D4-8468BE874C4E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/19/2019 9:07 pm

@sana_s786Hi there, thanks for posting. Ok let's analyze this.

24 dermapen sessions is excessive, ... if you did not get any results with in several sessions, ... I don't know that this is beneficial any further. Results do not last because of unrealistic expectations, ... needling does not give major improvement you get with a Dr. Yes there is micro swelling. But the studies show needling alone won't do it, you must alternate with glycolic peels. Mono therapy does not work.

Pixi glow tonix is not strong enough to be the glycolic peels I am talking about, ... exfoliation is not as beneficial as a peel monthly alternating with needling.

Topical alone won't give you a change in acne scars. A reminder the above are at home treatments done between Dr's treatments every 3 months.

We have surface box cars, rolling scars, and icepicks, with some PIE - redness

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.