Notifications
Clear all

What scars do I have and what treatment should I get?

MemberMember
(@supermoos3)

Posted : 08/15/2019 5:19 am

Would like to get a second opinion on my scars - was told by my derm that there doesn't seem to be much tethering and I'm dealing mainly with volume loss. He nevertheless recommended several sessions of subcision with filler, as well as INFINI and fractional CO2. What does everyone think?

IMG_20190804_000005.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/15/2019 7:27 pm

@supermoos3Hi there, I see Icepicks, box cars, and a few rolling scars, some PIE or redness post acne.

We treat the problem first, ... manual methods. TCA Cross, Some subcision, and perhaps some filler, cannot tell from the above picture, ... if not do Chinese Cupping(Amazon) after your subicsion for a month(a few times daily).

RF needling only once you treat manually, and then co2.

For the redness PIE pulse dye laser.

Finally something for the texture like a peel or erbium resurfacing.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/15/2019 9:01 pm

It's a decent plan, and I'd tend to agree with your doctor. Subcision and filler will help the rolling scars and volume issues, TCA cross for the ice picks. I would see how far you get first with subcision / filler / TCA CROSS before doing lasers. You might find that you don't need to do lasers after doing those things.