Notifications
Clear all

Scar treatment after the use of isotretinoin

MemberMember
(@phill172315)

Posted : 08/11/2019 2:10 pm

Hi, I've recently ended (about a month ago) a Isotretinoin treatment and now I have some scars on my face that bothers me a lot. My acne treatment was 8-month long with the dosage of 40mg of Isotretionoin per day and I think that I had a good improvement in my acne together with a improvement of skin texture, but some scars remained.

Here are some pictures of my scars. The resolution is not that good, but I think it can give an overview of them. Most of them have a good improvement when stretched, and I think they are rolling scars. I also think that my skin got a older appearance and I don't know if this is a scar problem.

My dermatologist recommend me doing microneedling or pixel laser, but researching I think they are not the best treatment. So what should I do to improve my scars?

Thanks.

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/11/2019 6:19 pm

@phill172315Hi Phill,

The scars you have are mainly rolling and atrophic. Pictures are hard to see as they are blurry and do not show the shadows the scars make well. With Accutane you heal naturally for a year post taking it. There will be some improvement in that time. Most Dr's will not treat you if your not 6 months post as they want you skin to build back up. Your main treatment below will be subcision and filler to help you. Yes acne scars age the skin especially if there is collagen or fat loss. You can start subcision right away if the Dr agrees. I would be inclined to use scrulptra throughout your cheeks, it's a filler. Find someone who does this.

Laser and rf needling you can do at a latter time.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@phill172315)

Posted : 08/11/2019 9:53 pm

Thank you very much, you help me a lot and sorry for the images, my camera is with some problem.

My Dr. said that with just one month I can start with microneedling or pixel laser, but I thought very strange and I will wait some months for a procedure. I forgot to say, but now I'm using a skincare with the tretinoin and HA + b5. Based on what you said I think I will try to do subcision with some filler but I would like to find a permanent filler (I don't know if this is possible) and during the next 6 months I'm gonna continue with my skincare with that product.

Again, thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/12/2019 7:05 pm

@phill172315your welcome! Yes manual methods always first, then worry about lasers.

Permanent filler's can be permanent problems, read the FAQ it's in the main scar treatments sub, goto the subcision section. Start with a HA filler or Sculptra / Radiesse. The latter are long lasting.

Welcome.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/12/2019 7:21 pm

I am not confident in your doctor's abilities. Pixel and microneedling will not do anything for you. Even with the blurry pics, I can get a sense of the scarring you are dealing with, which involves fat / volume loss and rolling scars. The one I notice the most is the indentation / volume loss at the top of your cheekbones. I agree that subcision and filler will be the best course of action for you.

You should avoid doing permanent filler for your first ever treatment because if you hate it, or you have complications, it is extremely hard to remove without causing more scarring. It would literally need to be cut out.

Sculptra is good for giving general volume (to help with that premature aged look that is common with acne scars) and HA fillers like Restylane Lyft, Voluma, and etc can be injected directly under specific rolling scars.