Notifications
Clear all

Peeled Acne Scab

MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/11/2019 4:22 am

45DDB7D7-DD21-40FD-93B5-4CA2964FEEE5.jpeg.659022345d5ecd9a45b574cf844d2b4f.jpegB92EE543-0E14-4264-A8D6-D286F994A847.jpeg.94cd50cbe76a27f6bcea803bf7bf4f9b.jpeg2D095BD2-0F28-4DF5-B0B8-9DD9EEB5BFFF.jpeg.a86f409e2032f32f1f9bd53742fc3954.jpegRecently, I had an acne scab on my face, it was bright red on cheek, I couldn™t help myself but peeled the scab of, still looking bright red, you could see it from a mile away, that™s how bad it was, and after a week or so it didn™t go away, and then the second week it turned brown, now all I want is my skin to go back to normal, and match with my skin tone, if there are any dermatologist™s reading this or anyone who is knowledgeable about this , please help.

You can see it on the bottom right of the picture.

Thanks,

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/11/2019 6:33 pm

@TamHasanVery bad to peel a scab, ... it's your body trying to heal the underlying wound. You can cause permanent damage and discoloration.

Go get a silicone scar patch and put it on nightly. Start using a retinoid. Vitamin C serum, and a hyperpigmentation cream like pca hydroquinone free pigment gel. Glycolic peels also help with discoloration. IT will take some time. Otherwise you need to see a dermatologist and have them do laser. This will take months to treat, see a derm if you don't want slow treatment. This is not a scar but hyperpigmentation.

TamHasan liked
MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/12/2019 3:00 pm

20 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@TamHasanVery bad to peel a scab, ... it's your body trying to heal the underlying wound. You can cause permanent damage and discoloration.

Go get a silicone scar patch and put it on nightly. Start using a retinoid. Vitamin C serum, and a hyperpigmentation cream like pca hydroquinone free pigment gel. Glycolic peels also help with discoloration. IT will take some time. Otherwise you need to see a dermatologist and have them do laser. This will take months to treat, see a derm if you don't want slow treatment. This is not a scar but hyperpigmentation.

Thanks for the reply, out of all the creams, which one would I need the most?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/12/2019 5:53 pm

@TamHasanThe PCA hydroquinone free pigment gel and a retinoid nightly.

MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/13/2019 9:01 am

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@TamHasanThe PCA hydroquinone free pigment gel and a retinoid nightly.

Are they able to be purchased through over-the-counter at a local pharmacy and how much do they each cost?

Thanks for your help.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/13/2019 6:36 pm

@TamHasan

Welcome

Check your pharmacy and availability or Amazon. This is a international site.

MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/15/2019 2:15 pm

Which one should I apply first the PCA or the Retinoid and when should I apply it at in the day?

Once again, thanks for your support, you really have helped me!

On 8/14/2019 at 12:36 AM, beautifulambition said:

@TamHasan

Welcome

Check your pharmacy and availability or Amazon. This is a international site.

One thing I also want to clarify is that should the Retinoid be a cream or emulsion (droplets)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/15/2019 6:51 pm

@TamHasanDifferent countries have different things, ... Cream is fine or gel for the retinoid.

Order You can do you pca gel during the day and your retonid at night, ... some do both at night. Spot test and see how you do. If it causes you irritation do less retinoid weekly start with a day - a week and build up from there.

Your very welcome.

MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/16/2019 4:50 am

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@TamHasanDifferent countries have different things, ... Cream is fine or gel for the retinoid.

Order You can do you pca gel during the day and your retonid at night, ... some do both at night. Spot test and see how you do. If it causes you irritation do less retinoid weekly start with a day - a week and build up from there.

Your very welcome.

Thanks for you help, I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Are you a Dermatologist by any chance?

MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/24/2019 10:28 am

On 8/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, TamHasan said:

Thanks for you help, I really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Are you a Dermatologist by any chance?

How long should it roughly take to heal?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/24/2019 6:22 pm

@TamHasanMonths, please see a dermatologist for care if you cannot wait

MemberMember
(@tamhasan)

Posted : 08/25/2019 8:09 am

13 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@TamHasanMonths, please see a dermatologist for care if you cannot wait

Hello there, if you do nit mind, could you please take a minute to look at my most recent post and help me. Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/25/2019 7:41 pm

I did help you @TamHasanread above, ... please see a aesthetics dermatologist to get treatment. When you pick a scab it can lead to permanent scarring. This has to be treated with a aesthetics Dr. Your in the healing phase and have hyperpigmentation. I have hundreds of people to help by PM with severe scars. PM me if you wish.