Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Posted (edited)

I am a 17 years old guy who has cleared acne but is now struggling with scarring and discoloration. Can you please tell me the type of scarring that i have, the best treatments for it, and if my skin will eventually be scar free? I don't want a perfect skin, i just want my scars to be almost invisible; beacuse i'm starting to be ashamed of my skin condition

I forgot to tell you that i had three co2 resurfacing treatments, and scars didn't improve much. Thank you guys for your help

20190809_155251.jpg

20190809_155302.jpg

Edited by Utenteacaso

10 hours ago, dazzed said:

There are no pictures bruh

I've put pictures and I can see them that's very strange

Edit: I also checked from pc and i can see pictures

Edited by Utenteacaso

2 minutes ago, Utenteacaso said:

I've put pictures and I can see them that's very strange

pictures are deleted or not uploaded properly ...try reuploading it

2 minutes ago, Anish004 said:

pictures are deleted or not uploaded properly ...try reuploading it

Now it should be fixed

5 minutes ago, Utenteacaso said:

Now it should be fixed

yesits fixed now and i can see the picture butin picture your skin looks completely fine and no scars....

try getting some closeup pictures to show the scar correctly 

most people who will be replying here will demand of pictured with closeup and angeled lighting

Edited by Anish004

22 minutes ago, Anish004 said:

yesits fixed now and i can see the picture butin picture your skin looks completely fine and no scars....

try getting some closeup pictures to show the scar correctly 

most people who will be replying here will demand of pictured with closeup and angeled lighting

Ok I will post better pictures this  afternoon

@Utenteacaso Thanks for providing updated pictures, ... the ones you had before did not show any scarring. 

You have surface rolling scars and box cars on your left cheek, the rest is just hyperpigmentation as I said before.

Subcision with filler will help you most or you can do it with Chinese Cupping. I would use a retinoid nightly and do glycolic peels monthly at home. rf needling and co2 laser will also help you and finally something for texture. See below. Everything is optional. Again subcision will help you most with the left cheek and then textural work. 

You do not do CO2 laser before you work on your scars manually. Laser was done out of order with your treatment. 

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care  (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

21 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Utenteacaso Thanks for providing updated pictures, ... the ones you had before did not show any scarring. 

You have surface rolling scars and box cars on your left cheek, the rest is just hyperpigmentation as I said before.

Subcision with filler will help you most or you can do it with Chinese Cupping. I would use a retinoid nightly and do glycolic peels monthly at home. rf needling and co2 laser will also help you and finally something for texture. See below. Everything is optional. Again subcision will help you most with the left cheek and then textural work. 

You do not do CO2 laser before you work on your scars manually. Laser was done out of order with your treatment. 

Never start with laser treat the deeeeepest problem and move to surface resurfacing.

* 3-8 sessions of cannula subsision to your scars with a bit of filler after or you can do Chinese Cupping (Amazon) for a whole month. A buffer keeps things from re-tethering.

* Rf needling, several sessions

* CO2 laser if you need a boost

* For texture, lastly do erbium fully ablative laser resurfacing or a Deep Chemical Peel. For Ethnic skin several lower % TCA peels are ok as hyperpigmentation is a possible issue. If You have ethnic, sensitive skin, or heal poorly, discuss this aspect with the Dr and how they will address it, how many patients they have seen like you, you want someone experienced with your skin type and acne scars specifically - not just a general derm.  

* Buy a dermastamp (Amazon) or derminator (google it) and stamp them monthly. You will be treating with the Dr every 3 months - the above things, regardless of what they tell you, the body is incredibly slow to heal. Drs want $$$$, observe your progress of what works). Once a month your dermastamping and you can alternate with do glycolic peels at home.

*Treatment for many takes 3 years
* Everything is optional.
* Treat as you have time and money (for some that's only 2 things a year), it's a slow process again with most of it related to how you heal and what works best for you, do more of that.  

* For redness, pulse dye laser, or picosure, picoway. Alternatively you can try first peels for discoloration or hyperpigmetnation.

* Nightly before and after treatments until the issue is taken care of:

Use nightly: Retinoid / Tretinorin, Differin, The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above), or Avene Retinaldehyde. Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provide monthly - online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application (or do one or two days a week) if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds, browns in ethnic skin), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Yoderm/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural options  are better with ingredients like: kojic acid/Konjac, Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for large pores, discoloration, and inflammation. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin (QV Skincare in AUS), Avene, vainicream, La Roche-Posay (sensitive), and Acne.org's products are all great options for sknicare without fragrance / dyes / allergens. The Three most important things one can use are: Vitamin A retinoid (skin turnover), Vitamin C Serum which makes collagen, and a sunscreen (zinc oxide physical for sensitive skin - DRMTLGY Active Sunscreen, Elta MD Physical, La Roche).

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging - daily. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care  (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

Thank you for your help, my scars aren't that deep and can be seen only with angled lighting, do you think they will disappear with subcision amd tretinoin?

@Utenteacaso They won't disappear, they will soften and it depends how you heal can become much better, many only get 50% improvement after many treatments. Yes start subcising. I gave you several things to try. Start with the manual methods.