Notifications
Clear all

OTC products advice?

MemberMember
(@kevin4172)

Posted : 08/09/2019 6:21 am

Hi, all!!! This post probably better fits in hyperpigmentation section but this forum seems way more active and I think I will get better advice here.

I have shallow rolling scars on my cheeks (mostly my right cheek)but I still have PIE/PIH that makes them look deeper than they actually are. I want to treat these first and see if I want to treat my rolling scars because it's the PIE/PIH marks that bother me more. I stopped breaking out on my cheeks for a few months now and none of these PIE/PIH marks are recent. They're not really red anymore but rather gives a pinkish color (some brown). I know they fade away naturally most of the time but I was wondering if there are good OTC products to accelerate the process.

I don't want to use prescriptions like Retin-A or Differin or Hydroquinone because they're prob too strong and I'm afraid of side effects. I've been looking at The Ordinary products and they seem to have a lot for pigmentation issues. They have low conc. retinoid serum, niacimide with zinc, vitamin C derivative. I don't want to buy all of these. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance!!!!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/09/2019 6:31 pm

Yes this does not belong here, it has been moved.

PIE id wounding post acne. It takes up to a year for some to heal.

There are many solutions including a retinoid nightly, vitamin c serum, glycolic peels, silicone gel and patches, SUNSCREEN, niacinamide.

Pulse dye laser is the most effective, but more expensive.

Read the FAQ - goto the PIE and PIH section.

Goto the Dr if you do not like any of the products mentioned, they can maintain your care, you pay them for this.