Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you cope with having acne ?

I have had acne since I was 12 and I am 33 now. I have had acne for 21 years and I feel like I haven't learn how to cope with it.

I'm a 33 year old woman who have never had a boyfriend. When I go out my acne is constantly on my mind. I consider my acne in every decision I make. I spend a large part of my day doing this to reduce my acne and to hide my acne. I cry almost once a day because of my acne. I don't think this is mentally healthy. I don't think this is a way anyone wants to live. How can I enjoy life as a 33 year old woman with acne ?

I don't have any answers, but I just want to tell you that you're not suffering alone. There are so many of us going through this and we all share your feelings. Stay strong and keep fighting.

Have you considered therapy?

If acne is affecting you to that extent therapy can be necessary.

You are not alone. Many of us regardless of the severity of our acne/scars struggle every day with anxiety, dépression and many other mental side effects of having acne.

5 hours ago, PTAA said:

I don't have any answers, but I just want to tell you that you're not suffering alone. There are so many of us going through this and we all share your feelings. Stay strong and keep fighting.

Thank you 

2 hours ago, Jck17 said:

Have you considered therapy?

If acne is affecting you to that extent therapy can be necessary.

You are not alone. Many of us regardless of the severity of our acne/scars struggle every day with anxiety, dépression and many other mental side effects of having acne.

I had spoken with my sister about how I feel about my acne. She suggested I see a psychologist and/or a psychiatrist.