Notifications
Clear all

New Moisturizer in Stores

(@ControlPanel)

Posted : 08/06/2019 3:22 am

Just a heads-up that there is a new moisturizer on the market that may help Regimen users who have problems with really dry skin. It contains urea, which is an ingredient I've been recommending for a few years for excessively dry skin. The moisturizer I was recommending before (Eucerin Relief/Replenishing/Repair (name changed over the years) Face Cream with 5% Urea) was expensive and came in a small tube and wasn't sold in US stores, but this one comes in a nice, 8-oz. bottle and isn't that expensive. I haven't tried it since I no longer use the Regimen, but thought I'd pass along this information since I know what a struggle it can be to find the perfect moisturizer to use on the Regimen. Looking forward to seeing if anybody tries this and can update us here. This is what it looks like:
Capture4.PNG

MemberMember
(@grubbyeight)

Posted : 10/30/2019 2:51 pm

I would really not recommend this product as it is full of ancne-causing ingredients according to SkinCarisma

There is even an ingredient that has a comedogenic rating of 5! (Myristyl Myristate)

Source:

https://www.skincarisma.com/products/analyze?utf8=&product [ingredient]=AQUA+%2F+WATER+%2F+EAU%2C+GLYCERIN%2C+CETEARYL+ALCOHOL%2C+ISOPROPYL+PALMITATE%2C+GLYCERYL+STEARATE%2C+DIMETHICONE%2C+HYDROXYETHYL+UREA%2C+MYRISTYL+MYRISTATE%2C+BEHENTRIMONIUM+METHOSULFATE%2C+PEG-100+STEARATE%2C+CERAMIDE+NP%2C+CERAMIDE+AP%2C+CERAMIDE+EOP%2C+CARBOMER%2C+VACCINIUM+MYRTILLUS+FRUIT+EXTRACT%2C+SACCHARUM+OFFICINARUM+EXTRACT+%2F+SUGARCANE+EXTRACT+%2F+EXTRAIT%2C+DE+CANNE+A+SUCRE%2C+SODIUM+POLYACRYLATE%2C+SODIUM+HYDROXIDE%2C+SODIUM+LAUROYL+LACTYLATE%2C+BIFIDA+FERMENT+LYSATE%2C+SODIUM+BENZOATE%2C+CHOLESTEROL%2C+PHENOXYETHANOL%2C+CAPRYLYL+GLYCOL%2C+CITRUS+AURANTIUM+DULCIS+FRUIT+EXTRACT+%2F+ORANGE+FRUIT+EXTRACT%2C+CITRUS+LIMON+FRUIT+EXTRACT+%2F+LEMON+FRUIT+EXTRACT%2C+ACER+SACCHARUM+EXTRACT+%2F+SUGAR+MAPLE+EXTRACT%2C+CITRIC+ACID%2C+PHYTOSPHINGOSINE%2C+XANTHAN+GUM%2C+BUTYROSPERMUM+PARKII+BUTTER+%2F+SHEA+BUTTER%2C+ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERI

You can't ever trust a company to correctly label their product...

This is on the label of the product:

• With ceramides 1, 3, and 6-II
  • Bilberry for antioxidant benefits
  • Urea to help attract and retain moisture
  • Paraben-free
  • Fragrance-free
  • Non-comedogenic
  • https://www.skincarisma.com/products/eucerin/dermopure-adjunctive-soothing-cream )

They claimed it was a moisturizer that wouldn't cause acne, but this also has an ingredient with a rating of 4. (Isopropyl Palmitate)

Its really sad to see companies have such misinformed products...

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 04/01/2020 7:15 am

Wow this is great news! I will have to try this, since I have suffered from red and dry skin for a few years now while being on the regimen.