Notifications
Clear all

Seek advice on scar treatment

MemberMember
(@yagunnerya)

Posted : 08/04/2019 10:47 pm

Hi @beautifulambition and all expert,

I had 7~8 years of acne and then cleared them up using the regimen. Now my skin has been pretty stable for about a year. These are the scar left.

Actually, the condition of my left side(2nd pic) is quite acceptable. What bothers me most is the unevenness my right cheek(1st pic).

I've seen a dermatologist last week for a consultation and she suggested 4~6 sessions of micro-needling, saying I can expect ~30% improvement.

I've read through the FAQ post and found that it might be better to start with Subcision and then combine with the micro-needling? 

Would like to know the severity of my scar and which kind of treatment/ surgery is the best for my situation.

BTW, I'm on 0.05% tretinoin.

Thanks so much!

IMG-4943.JPG.ac07ef9abc99115520b83ebab318de98.JPGIMG-4944.JPG.28b607bf6c55a02a0de55cf55c86a22a.JPG

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/05/2019 4:24 am

I get pissed off everytime a so-called dermatologist tells a scar sufferer that microneedling will give them x percentage of improvement to their scars. I think you need to find a new doctor because your current one is feeding you bs. She does not sound like a scar expert at all.

I think subcisions and fillers for the rolling scars and TCA Cross for the ice pics and boxcars will give you much better results.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/05/2019 8:20 pm

@YaGunnerYa

Good the acne has cleared up.

Icepicks, box cars, and the right cheek is the worst with some rolling scar atrophy as well.

Your right cheek needs subcision and filler most. Several sessions.

Buy the Derminator(Google it) and do the microneedling at home yourself monthly between sessions, ... not worth the cost at a Dr. The single needle attachment would be best for the borders of your box cars to soften them.

Everything below is optional. Remember sub and filler sessions will help you most, then you can do glycolic peels and needling at home between add in energy devices as needed.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.