Notifications
Clear all

accutane/isotretinoin tolerance

MemberMember
(@todach)

Posted : 08/01/2019 12:44 pm

Hey.
My story is quite a special one and I'm failing to find any solutions to it - also not from dermatologists because none of them met a case like mine.
Up until 8 years ago I was suffering of a massively oily skin to the point living life was becoming pretty unbearable and organizing my day revolved around when the oil would already get too much. I had a lot of self confidence issues and ended up going on accutane 10mg daily, this solved my problem amazingly and out of the fear that the oil would return I kept taking 10mg daily for the last 7 years.
3 months ago the oil started coming back and it is full on at the moment even though I increased the accutane dosage to 20mg daily. The doctors have no idea how this is happening and the only thing in my mind is that maybe somehow my glands are resistant to the drug. The problem is I cannot find any research or case where someone states that the body can develop tolerance to accutane.

At the moment my only thought is to drop the drug for a month or two and then retry taking it again to see if things change -however, I am afraid that this will also result in things going pretty bad, or worse, realizing that I have no other solutions if the accutane ends up not working.

Anyone got any helpful insight or knowledge in the topic?

MemberMember
(@giog)

Posted : 08/01/2019 11:15 pm

How's your acne out of curiosity?

MemberMember
(@todach)

Posted : 08/02/2019 4:06 am

No acne, but very oily skin

MemberMember
(@giog)

Posted : 08/02/2019 10:24 am

6 hours ago, todach said:

No acne, but very oily skin

I have oily skin too, which I actually like, except for all the acne of course. But clear skin and oily skin, to me, is the ideal situation!

No idea about tolerance by the way, it doesn't make too much sense given what I know about the drug and how it works.

MemberMember
(@todach)

Posted : 08/02/2019 2:06 pm

3 hours ago, Giog said:

I have oily skin too, which I actually like, except for all the acne of course. But clear skin and oily skin, to me, is the ideal situation!

No idea about tolerance by the way, it doesn't make too much sense given what I know about the drug and how it works.

Why would you like the oily situation? It makes me look like I sweat.

The tolerance doesnt make sense to anyone but I also know no person that took 10mg accutane daily for 7 years.