Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dovahkiin

Is aloe vera antifungal?

Hello everyone, I have fungal acne and I've been using only tea tree oil for a certain amount of time and my skin is going better. I can see some damaged parts of my skin and I was considering using aloe vera for recovery of my skin. Is aloe vera safe for antifungal acne because I don't know if it feeds fungus?

It is antifungal but it’s only really effective for certain strains of fungi. That being said, I don’t believe it would encourage fungal growth though. 

I’ve tried aloe on my own skin and I found it to be very drying. Everyone’s skin is different though. 

Have you tried Micatin or Nizoral for your acne? If it’s indeed caused by a fungus, either should clear it up.

If you wish to stay natural, grape seed extract is very effective against Candida . Perhaps you can find it suspended in a liquid or maybe add grape seed extract powder to a light cream you know your skin agrees with? Olive oil is also effective against yeast (Candida I believe) but it can cause acne on it’s own so maybe something to experiment with?

Zinc oxide is also a decent antifungal when nano particles are used. Neem oil is said to be a very potent antifungal so perhaps this would be an effective and natural solution for you.

I hope you can find something helpful in my reply. Please let me know if you find something that really works for you. 

All the best!!