Notifications
Clear all

shiny skin after tca peel

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 07/23/2019 5:29 am

hello everyone,
on 24.06.2019 I performed a 35% tca peeling on the cheeks, to attenuate some small scars. Today, about a month later, there's a slight erythema that is slowly disappearing. I'm treating the skin with a healing cream under dermatologist 's prescription twice a day, I'm also avoiding exposure to sun. I have quite clear skin, fototype 3 on fytzpatrick scale. What worries me is that, looking at the area it was carried out with peeling, stretching the skin with my fingers here, I notice that new skin appears shiny in the light, as if there is applied a thin plastic sheet. My doubt is wheter it is a real scarring, or if the new skin will have the same texture as the surrounding skin. Could a cream based on ceramides or phospholipids be useful?
Thank you very much for the attention.
MemberMember
(@polyoly)

Posted : 07/25/2019 12:34 pm

I wouldnt use any peels or any of that. The best cream I think to use would be the CeraVe PM for heeling and maybe some AHAs to take care of the scars after your skin heels.

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 07/26/2019 5:42 am

thank you very much for your suggestion, I will ask about cerave pm to my dermatologist. How many time is generally necessary to fade completely?

I want to add a detail for people who will read topic. My skin look as waxy if I see it on the light, this appareance is considerable when skin is wet, and less considerable when skin is dry. I also notice that erythema is more visible when my skin is wet.

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm not mother tongue)

MemberMember
(@toto1993)

Posted : 03/01/2020 1:00 am

Hi Suvvolo, I faced the same problem! I did a strong TCA peel I think it is between 40-50% and my skin heel but it healed shiny. I did in Apr or May 2019 and it is still shiny :(((( , it is on Mylefttemple

I am Chinese from Singapore, like a mild tone Chinese not too fair( like white)or tan.just to explain the colour of my skin

Have you found a solution to the issue?

I have tell you that doing nothing ( just normal skin routine)and Hoping that your skin will go back to normal , doesnt work

pls advise me if you have found something that works for your issue. IWould be so grateful !!

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/16/2020 9:22 am

good afternoon toto,

unfortunately, even my skin has not yet returned to normal. there is a red halo where the peeling was done, on March 24th it will be 9 months after the peeling. Anyone know a remedy? I read that it is a complication called prolonged-post-peeling-erythema (PPPE). Thanks to anyone who can help us.
MemberMember
(@polyoly)

Posted : 03/29/2020 12:05 am

Hello suvvolo, Im sorry to hear that your skin has not yet recovered. Are you still using your dermatologists prescribed cream?

I had issues with extremely dry and almost burnt skin after using many harsh products on my face when I had bad acne. What helped the most was putting on moisturizers every single night.Ive heard a stronger,very good moisturizeris ultra repair cream by the brand First Aid Beauty. It has ceramides in it. I know several of the reviews on it are positive and Isaw a few people who said they had damaged skin from facial peels among other treatments and this cream helped.I would give it a try maybe. ButI wish I knew a better way to help you.Best wishes!

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 09/18/2020 6:30 am

hi everyone, I wanted to give an update. it is now 16 months since the chemical burn. the shine of the skin is decreasing, and so is the redness. Lucidity is linked to the hydration of the skin in the healing phase. I will continue to update the topic in the coming months