Notifications
Clear all

Boxcar and rolling scars

MemberMember
(@llo91)

Posted : 07/22/2019 9:03 pm

I have been having acne and acne scarsfor almost half of my life and its personallydraining at times.I have used numerous products from drug stores to high end to help with my acne. Once my acne wasunder control,I have lots of acne scars left behindespecially on my checks and temples. I went to multiple dermatologists and had a lot of treatments done. The treatmentsI got wereematrix, Infinimicroneeding, derma pen, subcision, and co2 lasers. Most of these treatments,I have 3-5 treatments. I feel likeI am continuallygetting proceduresdone,yet nothing has improved my scars. It is both emotionally and financiallydraining. I do feel insecure at times,and I want to treat my scars,but sometimes I feel helpless and confused if I should still pursue treatments,especially nothing haseven working. Sometimes I feel like the treatmentsmakes by skinworse.Doesanyone else have this problem? Please share.

MemberMember
(@ravi-kumar-engineer)

Posted : 07/23/2019 5:30 am

5 hours ago, tryinghard123 said:

yes me too....done all the treatments and nothing works...accept who u are.....dermatologists are thieves! esp dr davin lim!!!

Dr. Davin lim is one of the best , isn't it ??

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/23/2019 5:34 pm

@Ravi.kumar.engineerHe is a troll, see past post history posts on every post he does not like Dr Lim. Even if no one is talking about that subject. He presents no proof when challenged and was told to stop this behavior it's slander. A video was even made stating Dr Lim does not know this person, nor have they ever treated them. If he wants help he can contact Dr Lim.

@llo91

I help patients daily analyze their past treatments.

There are some common themes:

1) The skill of the Dr is very important, ... if the Dr is sub par they can make your treatments worse.

2) Settings on energy devices are very important, we don't want to make "more" damage or give overly weak treatments.

3) Ethnicity, ... ethnic patients get weaker treatments because of complications

4) Age, the older you are the poorer the body heals

5) Poor healing capability or sensitivity, taking months to heal, ... this is quite common, some patients are not prone to healing from any treatment and it can be a waste to try(variability here).

6) The wrong treatments are used for your scar type.

This is a very involved process to analyze your issue and see what went wrong. I can do so by PM if you wish. Setting are important, lasers that were used, time between treatments, etc.

Consult with 3 dermatologists and or plastic surgeons and see what treatment plan they offer. This can be invaluable even if you pay for the consults.

Lastly, this is a very long process, a marathon not a race to treat scars, it's not instant or easy. As such sometimes a therapy app like Talkspace on the smartphone can help with the deepest wounding better than a Dr for your scar can.

RubinS liked
MemberMember
(@llo91)

Posted : 07/23/2019 10:57 pm

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@Ravi.kumar.engineerHe is a troll, see past post history posts on every post he does not like Dr Lim. Even if no one is talking about that subject. He presents no proof when challenged and was told to stop this behavior it's slander. A video was even made stating Dr Lim does not know this person, nor have they ever treated them. If he wants help he can contact Dr Lim.

@llo91

I help patients daily analyze their past treatments.

There are some common themes:

1) The skill of the Dr is very important, ... if the Dr is sub par they can make your treatments worse.

2) Settings on energy devices are very important, we don't want to make "more" damage or give overly weak treatments.

3) Ethnicity, ... ethnic patients get weaker treatments because of complications

4) Age, the older you are the poorer the body heals

5) Poor healing capability or sensitivity, taking months to heal, ... this is quite common, some patients are not prone to healing from any treatment and it can be a waste to try(variability here).

6) The wrong treatments are used for your scar type.

This is a very involved process to analyze your issue and see what went wrong. I can do so by PM if you wish. Setting are important, lasers that were used, time between treatments, etc.

Consult with 3 dermatologists and or plastic surgeons and see what treatment plan they offer. This can be invaluable even if you pay for the consults.

Lastly, this is a very long process, a marathon not a race to treat scars, it's not instant or easy. As such sometimes a therapy app like Talkspace on the smartphone can help with the deepest wounding better than a Dr for your scar can.

23 hours ago, tryinghard123 said:

yes me too....done all the treatments and nothing works...accept who u are.....dermatologists are thieves! esp dr davin lim!!!

@tryinghard123 ahh thats hard to hear but its true that I need to accept and love who I am. Its funny you mentioned Dr. lim. I watchhis videos and he seems to be good but then I read some of the comments from his patients about having unsatisfied results so idk

MemberMember
(@llo91)

Posted : 07/23/2019 11:17 pm

@beautifulambition, I agree with everything yousaid. I think getting the correct treatmentis half the battle. Having a skill and knowledgable Dr is critical. It is also toughto find a Dr specialized in acne scars,especially where I live,and some will charge overpriced for the treatment.

I am Asian,so I do experience limited treatmentsoptionhowever as I go to different dermatologistsand they realized I'dtried so many treatments,and my healing process waspretty good I do getmore aggressive treatments,but the setting is always low inthe beginning and will get aggressive as I go in for my second or third treatment.

Oh I've done a ton of research over time and it can get overwhelming. Every Dr have their own opinion of what is the best. I will try going to different doctors and have consultation so it will narrow down my treatment options. In the past, I tend to jump right in to whatever the Dr said.It was because I'm desperate.

It honestly does take time. I can't remember when was the last time Ihadclear skin.I also don't know if the treatments I had made my skin worse or did nothing. It's like I've stare at my skin so much to the point I see flaws everywhere.

Lastly, thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/24/2019 5:08 pm

@llo91Feel Free to PM me, I offerconsults by PM for something so complex, It requires a timely analysis.

Your very welcome