Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
regretfraxel

Please Help, Life is Ruined From Fraxel Laser

This is so unfair! I deserve 3 millions dollars from Fraxel and the guy who administered it. Look at my face!!! Why does my skin look like that. I hate it so much. I can’t and will not get over it until I get compensation or until it goes to normal. 

Edited by regretfraxel
1 hour ago, Miro said:

This is clearly troll, delete this 

I wish I could delete comments on my own thread. A thread that I posted to seek advice. So annoying. The only person to say advice was the person who told me to get checked for nerve damage which I have an appointment for. The dumb aesthetician who administered the laser gave me some spa quality lotion and said use it for 14 days. Did that, skin still has the ugly laser plastic look. I want to get rid of the laser look. I hate it. I want matte skin but it doesn’t work. 

This is what my skin is supposed to look like when I take a selfie:

These photos are what normal skin looks like. My skin does not look like that or like any of the other peoples skin on this website. Even everyone with all of your acne scars, at least you have balanced skin. My skin is damaged from the laser and no matter what I do it doesn’t not return to normal. It looks like it was stripped of all moisture and is replaced by a plastic film that in general has a weird color to it. On top of that I’m sure I have nerve damage in my left eye. It looks off  versus the other photos to before, it’s inwards and it looks bruised in person  

4E994278-9318-43AD-B9B9-DCD3EB67DE1E.jpeg

A5923C5A-B43A-4712-AA8B-C59EF26B780C.png

9BA9B3A7-1D50-48E9-A040-12037539FCC7.jpeg

Edited by regretfraxel

The only change that happened is your male pattern baldness and about 40 lb weight gain.  

Edited by dazzed
On 8/18/2019 at 8:40 PM, dazzed said:

The only change that happened is your male pattern baldness and about 40 lb weight gain.  

The laser made my cheeks all fat. It’s not a weight gain. I am the same weight. 

Edited by regretfraxel
5 hours ago, kevin4172 said:

Why did you get Fraxel in the first place? For wrinkle improvement? i dont see any scars. 

I had acne scarring. You can’t see things on the iPhone cameras because it low resolution, but the aesthetician recommended it. 

On 8/19/2019 at 6:32 PM, kevin4172 said:

Why did you get Fraxel in the first place? For wrinkle improvement? i dont see any scars. 

I got Fraxel because the aesthetician recommended it. He’s a terrible guy and it wasn’t meant for my skin tone or type or texture. 

On 9/5/2019 at 9:02 PM, californiakid said:

lol i think this post is fake

Why would it be fake you idiot. Stop discounting other people’s experiences. Why would I plaster my face all over the internet for kicks and giggles. Idiot. 

On 9/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, acnescars2000 said:

i think, i know what you mean. your skin looks very shiny, almost like sweat.

maybe using powder would help?

I’ve tried that doesn’t work. It’s a burn. My skin is thermally burned. No matter what I do it stays shiny and plastic and tight. This is a nightmare that I can’t wake up from. I’m not even apart of normal society. No one has skin like mine. No one. Even all the people who have scars. Sure they have scars but at least their skin is normal. I have a waxy skin texture that’s almost melted. The laser melted the skin on my face. 

Edited by regretfraxel
2 hours ago, Kay24 said:

Have you been in to see a different dermatologist or surgeon? 

They give me sample lotions and sent me on my way that’s it. I went to get microneedling done to fix this botched job. Did it work. No. 

17 minutes ago, regretfraxel said:

They give me sample lotions and sent me on my way that’s it. I went to get microneedling done to fix this botched job. Did it work. No. 

A plastic surgeon, estetician, or dermatologist?

Might want to look into a surgeon who specializes in skin. To my knowledge only surgeons can perform fraxel so only they'd have the potential to recognize this side effect. Post on realself too

Hoping for your recovery. No one should have to feel hopeless here. Maybe try a retinol or retinoid that agrees with your skin to speed up turnover and help with texture in the meantime.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:50 PM, Kay24 said:

A plastic surgeon, estetician, or dermatologist?

Might want to look into a surgeon who specializes in skin. To my knowledge only surgeons can perform fraxel so only they'd have the potential to recognize this side effect. Post on realself too

Hoping for your recovery. No one should have to feel hopeless here. Maybe try a retinol or retinoid that agrees with your skin to speed up turnover and help with texture in the meantime.

Aesthetician and dermatologist. Surgeon for what? My life sucks I just want to not be here any more. Im the only one in the world with burnt waxy looking skin. It wouldn’t be so bad but I’m treated so badly everywhere I go because people think I’m making my skin like this on purpose, and you know how nasty people are when you’re a man with abnormally shiny skin. 

8 hours ago, regretfraxel said:

Aesthetician and dermatologist. Surgeon for what? My life sucks I just want to not be here any more. Im the only one in the world with burnt waxy looking skin. It wouldn’t be so bad but I’m treated so badly everywhere I go because people think I’m making my skin like this on purpose, and you know how nasty people are when you’re a man with abnormally shiny skin. 

No matter how bad you think your skin is, there thousands if not millions with worse skin then yours. You don't have severe acne scarring or acne. I'd suggest seeing a dermatologist for suggestions on types of creams, peels, or serums that may help with the shiny issue. There are youtube videos and posts here on types of makeup you can use as well. 

On 9/19/2019 at 9:20 PM, dodgerguy said:

No matter how bad you think your skin is, there thousands if not millions with worse skin then yours. You don't have severe acne scarring or acne. I'd suggest seeing a dermatologist for suggestions on types of creams, peels, or serums that may help with the shiny issue. There are youtube videos and posts here on types of makeup you can use as well. 

I’d rather have acne and acne scars rather than a burnt shiny waxy can’t even look at my face skin complexion. Let’s trade acne scar people. I’ve lived most of my life with severe acne so I’ll be used to the scarring again. I’ll take scars on normal skin versus a plastic waxy skin texture that’s burnt underneath with throbbing headaches because of nerve damage. Let’s trade acne scar people. I don’t care. 

Also, it’s more than just the shine. I suffered nerved damage in my left eye and I have loss of pigment all over my face. It’s so splotchy. People look at me and they look away and they can’t hold eye contact because the stupid fraxel procedure gave me a mini facelift and completely altered my facial features. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be here. I don’t want to be here. My skin doesn’t look like real skin. It’s so funny because people say oh if you had real scarring. Ok let’s trade then. You want to be this? You want to see how society treats me. Let’s trade.

Edited by regretfraxel

I hate that I had it also. It left lines and grid marks in my face.  I am 5 months out. I'm praying they go away. I just want to say that you are a Very handsome man. Try not to worry. If you aren't happy see a dermatologist. I have been seeing one also.