Notifications
Clear all

Acne Breakout? Or Rash? Help!

MemberMember
(@sophiababy)

Posted : 07/19/2019 7:11 pm

Hi,

I struggled with forehead,chin, and a little bit of cheek acne, more than a year ago. Since starting on birth control a year ago, my acne has significantly improved and when I get a way of breakouts now and again they are usually smaller,less, and easier to deal with. However recently I have broken out in these red clumps of pimples near my nose. It started with a small, barely noticable pimple on the nostril opening of my nose & quickly spread to these red, dry clumps of tiny pimples on either side of my nose area (itchy sometimes). Pictures attached below. It has been persistent for weeks now, although nothing new has been added to my regimen and I feel like if I was allergic to the laundry detergent (rcently moving into my boyfriend's home) I would've broken out everywhere but I haven't. Also, the concealer i use I have been using for years and no issues but I replaced it with a new bottle just in case it was expired. No help. 

What is this?? Some sort of bacteria growth?? I have no idea, someone please help me out!

I've been trying to slather it in vaseline just in the morning before work to moisten it so that I can conceal it with makeup, that's why it's all shiny.

IMG_6219.JPG

IMG_6226.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/20/2019 10:49 pm

Sophia

Have you taken or used antibiotics or other meds/prescription drugs, particularly the "cycline" antibiotics or clindamycin ?

You might have gram negative bacterial acne, sometimes called gram negative follicultis.

Alternative you might have fungal acne, also cause by taking antobiotics and some other meds. Do you have dandruff or a white tongue ?

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

MemberMember
(@sophiababy)

Posted : 07/25/2019 4:40 am

On 7/21/2019 at 1:49 PM, Aussie Scientist said:

Sophia

Have you taken or used antibiotics or other meds/prescription drugs, particularly the "cycline" antibiotics or clindamycin ?

You might have gram negative bacterial acne, sometimes called gram negative follicultis.

Alternative you might have fungal acne, also cause by taking antobiotics and some other meds. Do you have dandruff or a white tongue ?

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

Hey,

I have not taken any antibiotics recently. Last time was in March for an ear infection but none since. The only thing I take regularly is ibprofen for headaches and bad mesturalcramps (been taken more recently) and sometimes omega-3 supplements. No dandruff or white tongue.

Do you think this is stillgram negative follicultis? If so, how do I get rid of it? Any home remedies? Because a doctor's visit would cost me a lot.

MemberMember
(@sophiababy)

Posted : 08/10/2019 6:31 am

Does anyone know what this could be??? I need help! It seems to be spreading around my mouth and chin area :((

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 08/10/2019 12:50 pm

Have you asked a dermatologist if its perioral dermatitis? Mine looked a little different/more red but I got prescribed metronidazole and the itchiness stopped right away/bumps took a month and a half to go away.

Metronidazole lotion** theres a cream, gel, lotion version depending on your skin type.

MemberMember
(@sophiababy)

Posted : 09/10/2019 11:15 pm

On 8/11/2019 at 3:50 AM, hlp334 said:

Have you asked a dermatologist if its perioral dermatitis? Mine looked a little different/more red but I got prescribed metronidazole and the itchiness stopped right away/bumps took a month and a half to go away.

Metronidazole lotion** theres a cream, gel, lotion version depending on your skin type.

Unfortunately, I'm currently living out of the country so a visit to the dermatologist would not be covered for me, meaning it'd be an expensive visit. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it!

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 10/17/2019 10:39 am

Almost looks like a light case of impetigo.