Notifications
Clear all

small forehead bumps

MemberMember
(@cody2001)

Posted : 07/18/2019 11:15 pm

* Disclaimer* I know this thread is long but if you could take the time to read/skim over most of it I would really appreciate it 

hey everyone

I am honestly so tired of dealing with this and have come to this site as a last resort. About 5 years ago I developed small coulorless bumps on my forehead. By the end of that year they had spread to my entire forehead, resembling something in- between clogged pores and a rash. my forehead is also EXTREMELY oily compared to the rest of my face. I have had these small forehead bumps for about 5 years now and nothing seems to make them go away/ change in a any way. They can get more inflamed and noticeable, and other times they are less noticeable, but they never truly go away and its honestly the most frustrating thing. I have spent SO much money on skincare products hoping it will improve them in any way with little success. I have also spent SO much time researching my condition and will walk you through the things I thought I could potentially have and what the outcome was for each

I just want to mention also I am a person with very sensitive skin prone to sunburns and have had quite a few bad ones on my face. I exercise/ sweat very often ( 5 times a week), and I live In the city so the air can get pretty polluted. I live in Canada, so its not a hot climate all year. I have combination skin because my skin can be very dry and flaky yet very oily in my T zone and especially forehead

1.) Pityrosporum folliculitis 

- after struggling with my bumps for years I came across a thread on this type of fungal acne and thought for sure this was what I had, I happily purchased Nizoral 2%, 

- I applied Nizoral 2% as a mask every day and night for a week and a half and saw NO IMPROVEMENT the only thing it did was tighten up my skin and make it kinda red and irritated, so I ruled out the possibility of fungal acne 

2.) closed comodones

- thought it was a classic case of clogged pores because of the excess sebum my forehead was producing

- bought an insane amount of face masks and products designed to fight acne ( glam glow super mud face mask, origins black charcoal mask etc) no change 

- switched from normal cleansing to double cleansing with an anti-oxidant oil cleanser by SHU UMERA 

-purchased Paula's choice BHA liquid after hearing people rave about it online and applied it to my skin once a day for a month = no change

-purchased the EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE Dr Dennis Gros Alpha Beta ( BHA + AHA) extra strength exfoliating pads from sephora to try chemical peels as a way to clear my pores, applied the pads to my forehead once a night for a month = no change, made my skin break out even more to be honest 

-prescribed Tactupump and see little to no results when I use it on the bumps ( only been using for a month though)

3.) dehydrated skin

-For a while I thought putting on these harsh chemicals on my skin was actually making it worse by drying out my skin and stripping it or it™s natural oils and messing with my natural ph balance. I switched to cetephil as a gentle cleanser and moisturized with a serum containing hylouronic acid as well as drinking lots of water and doing hydrating face masks. My skins elasticity improved as well as brightness but my bumps were still there/ hadn™t changed 

4.) Internal/gut issues

-I saw a lot of info online relating forehead rashes to issues with ones gut. I've never experienced any cramps/ pain after eating so I don't think I have any form of food intolerance. But just incase I got these farmhouse culture dill pickle gut shots that are supposed to filter your digestive system. I took 3 a day for about 4 weeks and no improvement

Possible options I haven't tried yet

- bacterial folliculitis: the reason I think this is an option is because it has persisted for so long (5 years) and when I started dating my boyfriend I noticed he developed the exact same thing on his forehead ( which lead me to believe it was bacterial folliculitis  because it is contagious) but it could just be a coincidence. Theres not really an at home way to diagnose that though because most treatments are prescribed oral or cream antibiotics 

-allergy to dairy/gluten/sugar

- reaction to too much sun exposure

-keratosis pelaris 

* I know many people go through much worse acne, but I am very self aware of these bumps and the fact that they never fluctuate/ change just makes me more insecure. At this point I feel like ill have them forever and ANY info regarding possible solutions or ideas as to what I might have would mean so much.

thanks and ill link some photos below

skinnnn.jpg.85684d585a86322f036ce895ab6922ed.jpg182722301_skinnnn2.jpg.44fa8fc554ed07478354349b4e06add7.jpg329020461_skinn3.jpg.22ac22d259dd03a6cb806c0326517704.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/19/2019 1:53 am

Nizoral will NOT usually fix fungal acne, as the fungi that cause fungal acne are mostly resistant to it. One needs to apply the correct antifungal for the type of fungus that one has.

The bumps look like fungal acne to me.

Do you have one or more of dandruff, a white tongue, flaking skin, toenail fungus, gut problems, sinus problems, unexplained tiredness or headaches or feelings of disorientation, read rashes or itchy skin ?

Have you take antibiotics or other prescription meds, including birth control pill or implants ?

Excuse the personal questions, but they allow me to diagnose the likely cause/s of your skin problem.

Exfoliating and applying most types of moisturisers make fungal acne WORSE.

If you get back to me with answers to the above questions, I can provide information about safe topical tratments which will likely control your bumps.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

Cody2001 liked
MemberMember
(@cody2001)

Posted : 07/19/2019 12:07 pm

hey thanks so much for replying!

I am on birth control ( Tri cyclen Lo) but the bumps started 4 years before going on birth control so I didn't think they were related. Other than that I have not taken any antibiotics or prescription meds.I have LOTS of dandruff and I do experience a white tongueand flaky skin once in a while and feelings of tiredness and disorientation. At one point I saw my family doctor because I thought I might have Candida, but my doctor thought ruled it out as an option. also sometime when I squeeze them a little bit of hard white stuff comes out. Don't know if that helps

MemberMember
(@douglas45)

Posted : 07/20/2019 6:46 am

18 hours ago, Cody2001 said:

hey thanks so much for replying!

I am on birth control ( Tri cyclen Lo) but the bumps started 4 years before going on birth control so I didn't think they were related. Other than that I have not taken any antibiotics or prescription meds.I have LOTS of dandruff and I do experience a white tongueand flaky skin once in a while and feelings of tiredness and disorientation. At one point I saw my family doctor because I thought I might have Candida, but my doctor thought ruled it out as an option. also sometime when I squeeze them a little bit of hard white stuff comes out. Don't know if that helps

I have the exact same problem, i used lamisil (antifungal) topical on my forehead but it didnt help and i also used ketoconozole shampoo on my face in the shower also didnt help. As for the dandruff u should get cicloperox antifungal shampoo prescription it worked for me and also get selsun blue shampoo. I even tried oral lamisil for the bumps for 2 days but it only got worse and plus oral lamisil and oral antifungals will destroy your liver and give you diarrhea .

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/20/2019 10:18 pm

Cody

You DO have fungal acne - most probably caused by candida (notwithstanding what your doctor said) and malasezia fungus. White tongue is caused by candida fungus. Flaking skin and dandruff are caused by malasezzia fungus. Both fungis cause fungal acne.

Doctors are in denial about fungal conditions in otherwise healthy people.

The tiredness and feelings of disorientation are caused by candida your gut making aldehydes (which are the same chemical that cause hangovers). Aldehydes cause tiredness and feelings of disorientation

The hard white stuff is keratin which the fungus makes your skin make.

I suggest you do the following -

Buy some tebnenafine cram, nystatin cream and azaleic acid cream/lotion and apply those to your skin, together, 2-3 times a day. These topical creams/lotions are totally safe.

2. Keep your skin dry - do NOT apply organic oils or moisturisers with organic oils in them on your skin - fungus loves moisture and malassezia fungus feeds on organic oils. Do not exfoliate your skin or just do it very gently if you have dead skin. Exfoliating skin allows fungus to invade.

3. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

4. Buy and take oral Nilstat (which is sold to treat white tongue caused by candida - you swallow it and it will fgix your gut problems). Oral Nilstat is safe.

5. Possibly reconsider taking birth control tablets as these can cause fungal acne and other fungal conditions (although I note the bumps occurred before you started taking the "pill")

I am happy to hear back from you.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

MemberMember
(@cody2001)

Posted : 07/21/2019 7:52 pm

HI

THANKS SO MUCH for your input it honestly means so much I will 100% try the creams and follow the rest of your instructionsregarding the treatment of fungal acne.

do you if i can buy these online? if not what stores sell them

I will definitely try theoral Nilstatpill and will keep you updated on my progress/results

thanks again

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/21/2019 8:14 pm

Thanks Cody

I meant terbenafine cream in my previous post (often sold as Lamisil).

Note that I am "retiring" from this web site as I have to g back to full time work. I hope everything goes well for you.

Best wishes.

MemberMember
(@cody2001)

Posted : 07/24/2019 9:55 pm

On 7/20/2019 at 7:46 AM, Douglas45 said:

I have the exact same problem, i used lamisil (antifungal) topical on my forehead but it didnt help and i also used ketoconozole shampoo on my face in the shower also didnt help. As for the dandruff u should get cicloperox antifungal shampoo prescription it worked for me and also get selsun blue shampoo. I even tried oral lamisil for the bumps for 2 days but it only got worse and plus oral lamisil and oral antifungals will destroy your liver and give you diarrhea .

ok thanks for responding. I will try the cicloperox for my hair and please let me know if anything improves your bumps