Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vit E Fades Red and Shallow Marks

Hi all,

I been using this product called emu gold recently. It is a vitamin e cream and i have found after 3 days of use my red marks are getting better and my pores maybe a bit smaller.

So it works, but i have noticed i also got a bit more whiteheads and stuff but im not sure if this is due to the cream as some ingredients may be comedogenic. Here are the ingredients can someone plz advice if it is safe to use ie non comdogenic and non acnegenic

Ingredients: Vitamin E, Emu Oil, Collagen and Elastin. the cream has 50 iu of vit e per gram.

I have seen on some websites that vit e is comedogenic confused.gif but not sure if it is true.

Unfortunately, the only way to know if something will break you out or not is to try it. If you are concerned, then you might want to do a patch test in an inconspicous part of your face (i.e. in front of the ear where hair might cover).

Hi all,

I been using this product called emu gold recently. It is a vitamin e cream and i have found after 3 days of use my red marks are getting better and my pores maybe a bit smaller.

So it works, but i have noticed i also got a bit more whiteheads and stuff but im not sure if this is due to the cream as some ingredients may be comedogenic. Here are the ingredients can someone plz advice if it is safe to use ie non comdogenic and non acnegenic

Ingredients: Vitamin E, Emu Oil, Collagen and Elastin. the cream has 50 iu of vit e per gram.

I have seen on some websites that vit e is comedogenic  confused.gif  but not sure if it is true.

Thks all for the advice.

I have done a little bit of research and i found that emu oil has very good penetrating proterties and therefore if combined with vitamin e ( for scar healing ) and collagen ( an essential part of the skins structure) , it will actually draw those ingredients deep down into the skin layers where it can do its work and so ingredients such as vit e will not stay on the surface of the skin where it will block pores.

I have just found this out and so im wondering maybe my initial breakout was just the skin clearing itself cos now after about 1 week of use i noticed i dont get as many whiteheads anymore eusa_pray.gif

So i think this might work for red and new shallow scars for ppl. biggrin.gif

Can some of you skin gurus with more experience provide me with some feedback cos maybe some of you have tried this regimen already. Rite now i am still not sure if i shoulld just drop the vit e cream and use pure emu oil as a moisturiser instead or continue.

P.S Can someone pls advice me if emu oil and jojoba oil is safe to use long term ie does not plug pores or cause acne and has no side effects.

thks

I found a product that contains both tea tree oil and vitamin e. (75% TTO, 25% E) I've been using it neat instead of the 100% TTO and I believe it to be the better of the two products..in my week+. Anyone ever use such a product? Long term results? I bought it at Whole Foods for around $10. The name of the bottle escapes me at the moment; howerver, I think the company might be called E Derm.