Notifications
Clear all

Acne? rash?

MemberMember
(@educatedandhumble)

Posted : 07/15/2019 6:05 pm

Anybody have an idea what this could be? It™s been over a month. If I put BP on it it turns bright red, if I don™t it™s just slightly red. It does itch sometimes. Never had acne on my forehead so I™m not sure what™s going on. Any help is appreciated. 

27402955-DBEE-4927-AC5F-933AE83B09B2.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/15/2019 6:53 pm

Educated

This is most likely fungal "acne". Fungal "acne" itches.

Fungal acne is CAUSED by taking antibiotics, and some other meds possibly including accutane.

I suggest you do the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole topical antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten - no prescription needed) and apply it to the areas with the waxy skin/spots 2-3 times a day. Topical antifungal creams are totally safe. You may need a more targeted antifungal cream, but start with clotrimazole antifungal cream.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOTapply any moisturisers or organic oils to the areas with the acne/bumps. Keep your skin very dry. Wipe off sweat. Fungus loves moisture.

4. Do NOT use facial scrubs or exfoliate your skin. Doing so destroys the skin barrier and allows fungus to invade the pores, and cause acne and the bumps. Do NOT use BP or anything harsh on your skin.

D you have dandruff or a white tongue ? Have you taken antibiotics ?

I am happy to hear back from you.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist), and I a

MemberMember
(@educatedandhumble)

Posted : 07/15/2019 8:15 pm

Ive havent took antibiotics in years. Never took medicine for acne. I do see this is your standard response for every post. Im on my way to the ER to see what they say.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/15/2019 8:48 pm

Thanks Educated

It is my standard response, because lots of people have fungal acne, and I check for likely causes of the problem.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

MemberMember
(@educatedandhumble)

Posted : 07/15/2019 11:17 pm

Went to ER. Wasnt fungal acne or acne related at all.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/15/2019 11:36 pm

Good news, Educated. Thanks.

I was a bit rushed this morning. Usually I ask the diagnostic questions for fungal acne FIRST, to establish whether the person is likely to have fungal acne or not, before I provide further information about how to control it.

This morning I coalesced the two steps, because I was in a hurry,

Good that you have sorted out your issue.

I wish you well.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/17/2020 6:55 pm

@educatedandhumble what was the diagnosis? Is it gone?