Notifications
Clear all

Acne rash???

MemberMember
(@educatedandhumble)

Posted : 07/15/2019 5:40 pm

I have the red area in the middle forehead area that won™t go away. It™s been over a month now. Every time I put BP on it when I wake up the next days it™s bright red. When I don™t put BP on it, it™s more my skin tone, but you can see some slight redness. It feels dry to the touch, but it also very shiny.  Can anyone help? I™ve been freaking out the past week and haven™t used any products on my face at all trying to figure out what™s going on.  My forehead has never been a trouble area before, this came out of nowhere. 

6A5673D0-D4E7-412E-BB21-60FF771FAA39.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/15/2019 6:54 pm

Educated

This is most likely fungal "acne". Fungal "acne" itches.

Fungal acne is CAUSED by taking antibiotics, and some other meds possibly including accutane.

I suggest you do the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole topical antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten - no prescription needed) and apply it to the areas with the waxy skin/spots 2-3 times a day. Topical antifungal creams are totally safe. You may need a more targeted antifungal cream, but start with clotrimazole antifungal cream.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOTapply any moisturisers or organic oils to the areas with the acne/bumps. Keep your skin very dry. Wipe off sweat. Fungus loves moisture.

4. Do NOT use facial scrubs or exfoliate your skin. Doing so destroys the skin barrier and allows fungus to invade the pores, and cause acne and the bumps. Do NOT use BP or anything harsh on your skin.

D you have dandruff or a white tongue ? Have you taken antibiotics ?

I am happy to hear back from you.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist), and I a