Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need Rec for Doctor for 5-FU injections for Permanent Filler Nodules

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have any recommendations for doctors in the LA / OC area that do injections of 5-FU combined with cortisone injections?   I had permanent fillers, specifically Silikon 1000, injected very poorly in the past.   They were injected too superficially and have caused visible nodules.   I've been aware of some time now that these injections can help but haven't found a doctor in the area that has specific knowledge about it.   Dr. Jason Emer has posted about 5-FU injections before on Realself as he does work with Silikon 1000, but honestly I'd rather not pay his prices. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

@monbebe82 Good thing your in LA. This Dr is world renowned internaltionally for removing permanent filler. This is why I say permanent filler permanent problems (so many side effects to Bellafill and Silikon 1000). Good your not going to Emer, he acutally causes damage by permenent filler, and then refuses to see the patients again. Any General Dermatologist can do 5-FU injections they are very common. So you might want to start with a general derm before going to a specialist who will charge.  I woule call up a few highly rated derms by you on realself.com has reviews and ask if they do them before seeing a removal sepcialist.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes