Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
giz

Fixed overdrying problem by mixing in Cortizone!

I have been using the regimen daily now for 2 weeks, received my BP gel last week so I stopped the Nutrogena on the Spot.

I have been experiencing excessive drying on my cheeks and mouth, even after applying the moisturizer (Nutrogena oil-free)

Found a solution! now, I'm mixing in some Cortizone 10.

I do wonder though if because it contains petroleum if that will mess things up.

Ingredients link on drugstore.com

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Contains: Hydrocortisone (1%)

Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Aluminum Sulfate, Calcium Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Light Mineral Oil, Maltodextrin, Methylparaben, Potato Dextrin, Propylparaben, Purified Water, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, White Petrolatum, White Wax

I'm zit free see my routine on the board BP FREE ACID FREE -ZIT FREE. I put the links to my blog with everything that I did. It's kinder to sensitive skin which acne skin is and it doesn't set you up for a vicious cycle. After a while on acid products the skin starts producing lots of oils again in response to the stripping from harsh chemicals then you have the problem all over again. I used the new routine for two weeks and am now zit free. I'm soooooo excited I'm telling everyone. I'm not selling anything just spreading the word on how I cleaned my face. QUEEN SHAZ AKA SLIM

i'm adding the same reply here that i did earlier - Hydrocortisone is great stuff - it does an amazing job at cutting down skin irritation.

it also has a host of side effects and should not be used for more than SEVEN DAYS in a row, unless prescribed by a doctor (who will usually only prescribe for one to two weeks) and should only be used very sparingly

Hydrocortisone is a topical steroid - so be careful (: it is great stuff i know, but don't get yourself a host of other problems because you used it for too long.

Link to my response earlier

to slim - i saw your new regimen (: good stuff ! i'm glad you're clear and i hope to join the "all clear" parade soon