Notifications
Clear all

can very deep scars(fat layer scars) be permanently elevated?

MemberMember
(@edsoonw)

Posted : 07/14/2019 12:48 am

I have 2 very deep scars on my cheeks, one of them is located at a point which is unoticeable, but the other one bugs me so much, its a very large scar that feels like an explosion happened right there and its so deep that feels like there is nothing filling that space unlike normal skin, I want to know if there is a permanent solution for this, and if yes, what are them?

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 07/14/2019 12:55 pm

Yes, there are permanent fillers. However it is generally recommended to start with non-permanent fillers. You will get an idea how it looks and they also stimulate collagen.
BA is an expert on this and you can check out his FAQ in the meantime.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/14/2019 4:04 pm

@edsoonwIt depends on the scars, I would have to see a picture, specifically the shadow the scars make. If there is too much atrophy and all tissue is gone, then yes filler may not be a option in that case and surgical scar revision may have to be considered. But if there is a intact dermis a collagen stimulating filler can be used with subcsion.

I cannot say if there is a permanent solution without seeing your scar, ... alll healing is variable, depends how your body reacts and heals, ... your practioners experience, etc. In some countries they get micro fat injections for this type of thing. But this is very invasive - costs more than filler, more than one session is needed, and you only retain a portion of fat - thus a collagen stimulating filler is optimal.

If your down to bone again, tissue is thinned, you are looking at seeing a plastic suergon for scar revision.

MemberMember
(@edsoonw)

Posted : 07/27/2019 9:14 pm

@beautifulambition here are some pictures of the scar, I have done 3 microneedling sessions, the last one being done with 2.0mm, but couldnt see much difference on this particular scar.

It's actually not very visible because its like an internal atrophy, but when touched, feels like I lost a part of the face where the acne was, it was even more noticeable when my face was plumped some weeks after microneedling when i could feel the edges of the scar. 

If plastic surgeon is needed, which are the procedures I should look for? 

IMG_20190727_231214.jpg

IMG_20190727_230955.jpg

IMG_20190727_231033.jpg

@beautifulambition it's easier to see the scar if you zoom in where i circled.

Please help me! I get so depressed because of this particular scar..... 

MemberMember
(@coconutrough)

Posted : 07/27/2019 9:49 pm

@edsoonw are you sure you encircled the right scar? that deep one above the circle looks way more apparent to me..

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 07/27/2019 11:17 pm

That lighting is hard to tell It looks like you have a depression with boxcar scars covering it. You need to do subcision with suction (chinese cupping) or subcision with filler as a spacer.

MemberMember
(@edsoonw)

Posted : 07/28/2019 8:20 am

10 hours ago, CoconutRough said:

@edsoonw are you sure you encircled the right scar? that deep one above the circle looks way more apparent to me..

Yes, I am, the "deep" circle above is actually not deep, its a newer scar and bigger in witdh, but on normal room lightning its just a big red mark.

The one I circled is not very visible but when touched, it feels like there is a hole beneath my skin, and when dont sleep well its even more noticeable

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/28/2019 8:30 pm

@edsoonw

Thank you for providing the pictues and more background. You have lots of rolling scars, some box cars, icepicks, and some hyperpigmentation. Moderate scarring.

This is not a very deep scar. There is atrophy no doubt. Might be just in the dermal layer. Hard to tell without animating your skin and feeling it.

Regardless you need many sessions of subcision and a filler weather over dilute radiesse, sculptra, or a ha filler. Typically with scars like yours 4 sessions are needed of sucbsion with 3 months between.

The dermastamping would do nothing for the scar itself. Now what you can do a home between your subcision sessions - monthly is use the dermastamp just on the bored of the scar to soften it and you can alternate with glycolic peels.

You will need rf needing after you work on your atrophy, and further low density co2 laser.

Finally you will need a treatment for texture.

[removed]

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 07/29/2019 5:04 am

I have scars like this and honestly subcision and filler would help tremendously. Filler is basically the only thing that has worked well and consistently for me. I have an area of fat loss exactly like where you circled and I know what you mean when it feels "hollow".

The big indentation on your upper cheek draws the eye much more than the area circle. If you like the look of the filler, you can always decide to do permanent filler later on, but it should never be the first option.

I think your case is more more straight-forward because what you need is volume, and that is a relatively easier fix.