Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ouchmyfacehurts

HELP! Burned face by Glycolic Acid

I put on my face a 60% glycolic acid. I usually do it in between my 50% and it's usually fine. Today I put it on and my skin started burning like. I splashed my face like crazy with water. Now my skin is super red and irritated. It hurts pretty badly. What should I do?

@Ouchmyfacehurts I get these freak out cases often with acid peels especially. At this point there is nothing you can do. The best thing to do is always test patch a new % of acid in a smaller area so this does not happen. It's going to take time to heal 1-month plus. 

Use sensitive cleaners and or moisturizer (As few ingredients as possible)/ Do vinegar splashes or soaks daily instead of letting the water run on your face in the shower which will make damage. 50% Water / 50% vinegar - this promotes healing. 

Use Vaseline as much as possible over the are it's an occulsive and the skin can heal. You can spot treat pimples. Vaseline can make breakouts so use it as long as you need for the burn to heal a bit. 

You must wear susncreen.

Aloe Vera is great.

Consider a tinted moisturizer, and or foundation or concealer. 

Do not do any other procedures, exfoliation or anything to irritate it. 

Most of all see a practitioner if you feel it's bad enough, any urgent care can take care of this.

Read the Chemical Peel guide (pinned to the top) in the main scar treatments sub, some hints are in there to avoid this.