Notifications
Clear all

Need help identifying scars / possible treatments (BEAUTIFULAMBITION HELP APPRECIATED)

MemberMember
(@slogged)

Posted : 07/11/2019 8:14 pm

So I've had acne on/off for about 5 years. I am now 23 and my skin has begun to get better (using doxyclycline 100mg tablets) and a clean & clear exfoliating wash. I have never been very self conscious about having acne itself but the scar on my left cheek has begun to annoy me, especially as a friend took this photo recently and I never realised how clear it showed up in daylight lol. It has been here for near enough the entirety of the time I have suffered with acne and as the rest of my skin has cleared up and left very minimal/no scarring, this has remained. I have tried lemon and aloe vera masks, coconut oil and I am ABOUT to try azaelic acid in order to try and get rid of the scarring.

So I was wondering if anyone could identify this type of scarring, and what solutions I could try. I have no dermatologist close to my home town and I am starting uni in September so would like to try and sort this out.

Any help would be seriously appreciated and would be happy to post results after!

p.s sorry for bad quality photo

why has this photo posted so horrendously big lol. here's one i took myself in a better light, cheers all

Updated photo - https://imgur.com/gallery/BMiqC6o

Thank you all so much.

and the one in daylight which is super visible

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/12/2019 2:41 pm

@sloggedThank you for your patience.

I think you PM'd me as well. Please be aware I get over 100 of the worst scar cases daily to help by PM, ... if you need further support I can help you there. Thank you for your patience it takes me 24 hrs to respond.

What you describe is shadows and lighting effecting your perception of scarring, this is covered in the FAQ - pinned in the main scar treatments sub;-)

All the things you describe are beauty treatments, not scar treatments.

No idea where you home town is. Try the FAQ in the main scar treatments sub, pinned there, bottom of that is providers.

You have superficial box cars, icepicks, and some hyperpigmentation aka PIE or redness. The textural or resurfacing section will help you most IE, Fully ablative (but work on the scars individually first).

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

slogged liked
MemberMember
(@slogged)

Posted : 07/12/2019 9:20 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have Pm'd ya, you're the best!