Notifications
Clear all

clotrimazole cream?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/11/2019 12:17 pm

i thought i would just ask here..

im currently using nizoral wash and clotrimazol 1% cream for bumpy/bad skin.

providing i do have a type of fungal problem,does anyone know how long it would take to see good results from using these products?

thanks

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/11/2019 7:28 pm

It will take 1-2 weeks, noting that you may also use another antifungal cream along with the clotrimazole cream.

I can provide information on other antifungal creams to use, if the clotrimazole cream does not fix the problem on its own.

MemberMember
(@flippantbloomers)

Posted : 07/14/2019 9:37 am

What worked for me was a product known as acnecide in the uk, hopeit contains benzoyl peroxide, best to keep it away from certain fabrics though, as its very strong and has a bleaching effect, it worked for me after years of suffering, and I still get it on prescription when I am stressed and get the odd breakout, it eliminates my spots, and tends to do it very quickly too, I would definately say this is by far and away the best product I have had over the years,

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/14/2019 6:49 pm

Flippant Boomers and others

One has to know which type of acne one has BEFORE recommending treatments for the "acne".

Acnecide/BP will NOT help fungal acne and it may make it worse.

There are several different types of acne - ordinary acne, staph bacterial acne, gram negative bacterial acne, candida fungal acne, malasezzia fungal acne and demodex mites acne, plus some others caused by allergies or chemicals.

There is NO point in recommending a treatment for acne without knowing the type of acne that a person has.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist), and I am not a medical doctor. I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

MemberMember
(@flippantbloomers)

Posted : 07/31/2019 12:48 pm

good point,mine was moderate,which persisted for some years, oh trust me i know what it is like to suffer with anxiety and the like due to the condition, that said i have no idea what type of acne op has, i just thought i would suggest what worked for me !!, it is likely some will have to try different treatments or combine, i am no expert, unless it is my own,just posting my thoughts and experiences as i know what acne is and how it destroys confidence, or can do, the trick is to find what works best for you, and that was what worked for me anyways, each to their own, it was just a suggestion, the acnecide contains benzoyl peroxide as i am sure your aware, which at present is the most effective over the counter product for acne, i believe it is in different strengths, but like i say it cleared mine, and so that was my suggestion, doesntmean to say it will work on others the way it did me, but i guess it cant hurt to try right ??, in the uk you can get it on prescription but before you do speak to your doctor and see what they say,peace out