Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what treatment would be best?

Posted (edited)

hi, 

i was was hoping i could be advised on what treatment would be best for my scarring. they’re around 5 years old at least i cant say for sure. ignore that wound on my face that is still healing as i had some microneedling rf recently, beneath that area is just flat. 

the pictures aren’t the best quality and of course in some lights it’s worse and some it’s better. i think it’s a box scar and then there are these little scars on the side of my mouth

im from the uk and im fortunate enough to be able to afford treatment 

0CB96E14-4264-4A09-A669-A9A626F6DDA5.jpeg

D64699EF-9D5B-4D5D-AB4F-B4B14B55E2FD.png

Edited by Guest
just wanted change a picture

@khadija_t

Thanks for posting those pictures helpful.

That scab does not look good, red ring around it, are you putting some antibiotic ointment or healing balm on it, Vaseline or petroleum jelly also works. Strange that rf needling caused this, ... most devices if administered properly would not do this, hopefully it had insulated needles. 

Regarding your scars they are box cars, concentrated to the cheeks. A few small icepicks near the chin.

Your scars are not that severe thankfully. I would do a combo of subcision, tca cross, ... several sessions. Rf needling works great on box cars. co2 laser as needed. At home I would have you dermastamp your scars, or get the derminator, ... the single needle attachment could be used on the borders of the boxcars - alternate this with glycolic peels (monthly). Because your scars are not so severe I would do manual methods first and then move to energy devices. 

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care  (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

@beautifulambition thanks so much for your reply

15 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Chinese Cupping (Amazon) for a whole month

Just a month? and then not to be repeated? also: any recommendations? amazon has quite a few...

A buffer keeps things from re-tethering.

I'm not sure I understand this?

At home I would have you dermastamp your scars, or get the derminator, ... the single needle attachment could be used on the borders of the boxcars

The terminator looks good, do i target specifically the borders only? is it damaging to target the actual dented area? 

Thanks again :)

Also: for anyone looking through theses posts: when i look at the pictures above i do wanna improve the scarring but i also know that those pictures are very unclose and focused on what specific part of my face, overall i can appreciate my full complexion ^_^

@khadija_t Your welcome, thank you for your patience.

1) 1- month after subcision in total you do Chinese Cupping. Daily your doing it 2-3 times. Preventing re-tethering, if your sensitive you can vary the pressure. I will list some devices in the subcision section of the FAQ - keep posted this week working on links to update. There are various ones on Amazon, your right. You want them to fit your scars, so you don't need the supper big sizes. 

2) Derminator - single needle attachment, your needling only the border of the scar aka the wall, not the floor. Subcision is for the bottom with a Dr. You basically are working on the transition. 

7 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

1- month after subcision in total you do Chinese Cupping

so straight after...like the very same night? in the FAQ which for submission, it says that if you have fillers put in then its not necessary to cup. what would be better? 

22 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I would do 3-8 sessions of cannula subsision to your scars

i think Dr Asif Hussein is the only person in UK that does this. or at least thats what i have found online

For your scar type, remember I am customizing this, I would say cupping, ... why you have surface scars.

No other's do it, .. check the FAQ, look under UK. 

But sure he is a good starting point.

6 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

I am customizing this, I would say cupping

oh thanks very much!

6 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

No other's do it, .. check the FAQ, look under UK. 

But sure he is a good starting point.

just had quick look through on his site and dr h offers 

Full subcision

and he is the only person in the UK that can offer this. 

@khadija_t He will not do it in your case, ... your scars are minor and you do not need this, it's very costly & aggressive - for the most severe scars. Goto Anil or I forget there are some other Dr's on the list. I am sure there are other providers in the UK that do sub, ... I am just not aware, ... hard to find good providers with reviews. Many do laser laser laser, patients come here and complain. There is Dr Emil in Denmark as well. 

hi @beautifulambition thanks so much for ur replies

my doctor said to me that im not suitable for subsciscion...something about stretching the skin

also from earlier my scab fell off and i’m very sad to say i have a new scar. the doctor said it’s still healing and that it should subside. the surrounding skin looked like it was dented and has improved already

it is difficult to see from pictures but it is dented and quite big. bigger than the original scars i wanted treated

3710A15D-0359-4F8C-BAD0-0E3C32C6E484.jpeg

611DE2D0-9F13-45E9-BDE2-361139F4E350.jpeg

I'm no expert but from years perusing these forums and general research, I would put you firmly in the "it's too minor, best to do nothing" category. For the effort treatment often involves, you stand to gain very little in my opinion.

@khadija_t Your scarring is very minor. You seem to have sensitive skin and heal slowly. You could get away with a few peels. Fraxel 1927nm multiple passes. You only have the slightest textural issues. Many would not even treat this and perhaps get a chemical peel . Your skin looks better than most cases I help daily. We all have some texture, pores, or differences in skin. 

See Dr H consults for a laser peel or Dr Anil for a chemical peel.

I would not subcise you, ... what is there to subcise. 

Get a silicone patch for scars and put that on your cheek wound nightly or more if you can get away with it. Use a retinoid. This is still healing and a wound. You can use the petroleum-based product as well to occlude if you wish when not using the silicone patch. Use a retinoid 3-4 weeks after the wound has healed a bit more, this is slow and will take some months. 

Your skin looks in great condition.

@beautifulambition thanks for ur help 

I dont quite get it.. you got that scab/wound from the RF microneedling? It looks infected to me.. What was it look like before the treatment? Did you have active break out during the procedure?

@hilalela You are right: Could be an infection, poor wound care, poor treatment, or perhaps poor healing. The point is we can only move forward with what we have now and that's a wound to take care of. 

I would not subcise this, it's a fresh wound and could do well with time, silicone scar pads, vitamin c and a retinoid over time. There will be redness that needs to be faded (PIE). 

If she over treats or does to much exfoliation this will lead to more issues or worsening of the scar. IT's a slow process. Wear sunscreen and some makeup. 

Lastly See a professional if it bugs you and get a second opinion about treatments like pulse dye laser and co2. Give it time. Overreaction is the bane of permanent damage. 

@beautifulambition in earlier posts in this thread you suggested subscision...don’t understand why u have said it’s not suitable now.

yes it is infected and i am am using antibiotics there’s improvement already which i’m so thankful for! 

The above Poster has deleted their account. Since my name was mentioned... 

The OP needed subcision on the scars to the right of the infected wound (See the picture of scars / wound), NOT the wound itself.

If the OP reads this incognito, I would have you do a 2nd or 3rd consultation with other dermatologists for an oppinion.