Notifications
Clear all

sun = bad acne/redness?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/08/2019 4:50 am

has anyone had a similar experience?

my skin has beengenerally good but with all this hot weather and the very hot sun,ive been breaking out quite badlyand looking in a mirror outside in naturallight..it seems every deep, old post acnemark has faired up. ( dont really want to be around people at the moment)

can the sun trigger these type of problems?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/08/2019 10:32 pm

Not sure about sun, but heat/ sweating/humidity can trigger fungal acne.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/10/2019 6:50 am

On 7/9/2019 at 4:32 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Not sure about sun, but heat/ sweating/humidity can trigger fungal acne.

i think your right, some of the spots/bumps have spread to my neck.

ive started using nizoral again(twice daily), Glycolic Overnight Peel( once a night) + mild facial scrub.. hopefully that will improve my skin but im very conscious ive had acne for many, many years.. so some of my problem might be skin damage 🙁

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/10/2019 7:39 am

Are you wearing sunscreen anytime you are outside? Sunlight causes oxidative stress on the skin and causes squalene to oxidise on the surface, which is the root cause of acne.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/10/2019 7:02 pm

Oxidised squalene is the cause of ORDINARY ACNE.

Oxidised squalene is NOT NOT NOT the cause of fungal acne. Fungal acne is CAUSED by taking antibiotics and some other meds.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/11/2019 12:12 pm

thanks for the replies.

either way my skin is looking bumpy and terrible so im going to try and stick with anti fungal creams for a while.

lets just say i have a fungal problem, does anyone know how long it would take to see positive results from nizoral &clotrimazolecream?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/11/2019 7:05 pm

Mr Bakery

You should see results in 1-2 weeks. But note that you may need to use another antifungal cream as well as clotrimazole. Start with using clotrimazole and see how you go. I can provide information on other antifungal creams if the clotrimazole cream does not fix your problem.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/11/2019 11:51 pm

On 7/11/2019 at 1:02 AM, Aussie Scientist said:

Oxidised squalene is the cause of ORDINARY ACNE.

Oxidised squalene is NOT NOT NOT the cause of fungal acne. Fungal acne is CAUSED by taking antibiotics and some other meds.

I know this; not everyone on this board has fungal acne!

But this is the starter gun for regular acne, which is more common. It's good to cover both bases.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/12/2019 12:51 am

Food for thought

You are totally right that not everyone on this board has fungal acne. I am very careful who I respond to - I only respond to people who have chronic acne which has not improved with treatments for ordinary acne.

I ask the person for signs of fungal conditions (dandruff, white tongue etc) othr than acne, plus I ask them whether they have taken antibiotics or other meds which cause fungal acne. I also ask about hot conditions/humidity where relevant.

Many people are suffering greatly with fungal acne (and with gram negative bacterial acne and acne caused by demodex mites) which are NEVER treated by (ignorant) doctors. Instead, doctors prescibe (dangerous) meds which make the condition/s worse and worse.

Virtually ALL doctors diagnose every type of acne (ie, both types of fungal acne, gram negative bacterial acne, and demodex mites acne) as ordinary acne - and in doing so they make many people's "acne" worse and worse and people's lives an unnecessary misery.

Also, sometimes people start with ordinary acne and it turns into fungal acne or gram negative bacterial acne when people are prescribed antibiotics, birth control pills and (possibly) accutane.

Doctors are like someone who only knows about birds and does not know about bats. The person sees a bat and thinks it is a bird, because they don't know that bats exist.

One needs to control fungus to control fungal acne... and not be distracted by treatments for ordinary acne.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 07/12/2019 9:08 am

Advanced issues found

8 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Food for thought

One needs to control fungus to control fungal acne... and not be distracted by treatments for ordinary acne.

I understand this, but also good to wear sunscreen every time outdoors as I imagine anyone posting here suffers from regular acne (also) and UV oxidises squalene, setting off the inflammatory cascade. It's good to prevent both types!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/12/2019 11:10 pm

food for thought

Not everyone on this site suffers from ordinary acne - that is why they are posting on this site. Many people are suffering from fungal acne (and sometimes from gram negative bacterial acne or demodex mites acne) If people were suffering from ordinary acne they would be cured buy medical treatments, and they would NOT be posting on this site.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist) but I am not a medical doctor. I have extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/13/2019 4:21 pm

just an update. after a few days of good exfoliation my skin is looking a lot smoother and back to "normal".

i think my main problem is that ive gotten into the habit of minimal washing to reduce redness/inflammation, a bit like the cave man regimen but the problem being is that i end up with horrible bumpy skin (which i didn't realise i had until checking a mirror in natural light) ..i also think the hot weather/sweating has  contributed to my current problem. 

...unfortunately one of the reasons i hate using products/facial scrubs has reared its head again....for the past few days ive had a few really bad under the skin lumps/cysts, one giving me a swollen eye :| 

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/13/2019 9:29 pm

Hot weather/sweating can cause and definitely exacerbates fungal acne.

Fungus will infect eyes.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a biomedical scientist), and I am not a medical doctor. I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 08/12/2019 2:04 pm

just an update, which might help others(?)

i spend about 1-2 weeks exfoliating daily and a lot of the bad texture/bumps faded away.

i also started using tea tree oil and taking 50ug of vitamin D and a lot of the redness in my face disappeared (which is nice!).. hard to say for certain but i feel the vitamin D is helping a lot.

MemberMember
(@trace717)

Posted : 08/13/2019 11:18 am

Hi!

To everyone who breaks out, gets redness from the sun, etc. READ THIS POST. For years I have struggled with breaking out from the sun on my shoulders and back. Just getting hot or sitting in sun for 5 minutes would give me embarrassing pimples And redness.My dermatologist has put me on spironolactone, which did help.

However, recently I decided I didnt want to be on medications anymore! My friend told me to go visit an aesthetician, and I am so glad I did! She was amazing! I promise this will work for you if you have folliculitis, or break outs on arms and back.

1. Go to target or amazon and buy Safeguard antibacterial soap

2. Buy a rough washcloth (not a soft one). I got a pack of them at Walmart.

3. In shower, rub Safeguard soap on washcloth and exfoliate on body daily!

(I even use it on my face every three days!)

The results are amazing! My skin is finally soft!

My aesthetician said, You do not break out from the sun.She was correct. She said whatever is clogged needs to come out, and you need to exfoliate. I was expected to break out first because I have very sensitive skin, but I didnt!

Try this cheap alternative to pills and heavy washes. I promise it will help and leave your skin feeling fresh and smooth!