Notifications
Clear all

Incredibly stubborn eyebrow acne

MemberMember
(@viceslikevipers)

Posted : 07/07/2019 11:59 pm

Hello,

I usually don't get acne too bad but a few months back this random red bump appeared between my eyebrows and it got bigger and bigger. One day I was washing my face and part of the skin of it came off and now I've got this stubborn red bump that's trying to heal myself which just won't go away. I have no idea how to deal with this as I've already tried Tretinoin, Cortisone, Ice, Warm Compress, Sacylic Acid, etc. 

IMG_20190707_214131.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/08/2019 12:36 am

Try applying a topical antifungal cream such as clotrimazole cream (Canesten) - which is a broad spectrum antifungal cream. If clotrimazole does not fix the problem, then try aplying terbenafine topical antifungal cream (Lamisil) - best for malasezzia fungal acne. If that does not fix the problem, then try applying topical nystatin antifungal cream - best for candida fungal acne.

MemberMember
(@viceslikevipers)

Posted : 07/08/2019 12:31 pm

How do you know this is fungal?

11 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Try applying a topical antifungal cream such as clotrimazole cream (Canesten) - which is a broad spectrum antifungal cream. If clotrimazole does not fix the problem, then try aplying terbenafine topical antifungal cream (Lamisil) - best for malasezzia fungal acne. If that does not fix the problem, then try applying topical nystatin antifungal cream - best for candida fungal acne.

How do you this is fungal?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/08/2019 6:59 pm

I don't know, but topical antifungal creams are totally safe and you'll soon find out if the problem is fungal. "Strange" skin conditions are often fungal.

Fungal skin conditions are caused by taking or applying antibiotics and some other meds. - cortisone, tretinoin, etc.

Make sure you wash your hands twice before applying the antifungal cream/s to avoid getting a secondary staph or other bacterial infection. And use a clean towel to dry the affected are after washing.

MemberMember
(@viceslikevipers)

Posted : 07/08/2019 7:39 pm

Thank you, but I've been using the Tretinoin, Cortisone BECAUSE this thing appeared. I think it may have been from shaving between my eyebrows with a clipper.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/08/2019 10:08 pm

yes, BUT the cortisone and tretinoin are NOT fixing the problem.