Notifications
Clear all

PLEASE HELP ME, I have a severe acne condition

MemberMember
(@cassey27)

Posted : 07/07/2019 2:09 pm

I'm a 19 yr old college lad living in the tropics, particularly the Philippines. My skin is far from being perfect, I had minor to moderate acne from time to time. I remember this started later in April, the starting month for our hot and humid season. I always slept late even before the month it started but I never encountered such problems, but in this case it is different from my previous acne conditions. I started to treat my skin using the usual products that I use specifically a micellar toner and a Clindamycin 1% topical solution but far from my expectations it didn't cleared up my skin. I already finished a 10ml bottle and still continues to use the product hoping it will work eventually. I am here hoping for a response on what acne do I have and how will I be able to treat my case. Thank you so much.

IMG_20190708_023210.jpg

IMG_20190708_023010.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/07/2019 7:03 pm

You mos likely have fungal acne, caused by the hot humid conditions and made worse by the clindamycin.

Fungal acne is caused by antibiotics and some other meds. Heat and humidity can also cause fungal acne.

Fungal acne can be controlled by aplying topical antifungal creams, using antidandruff shampoos, and keeping skin dry (no moisturisers) and using antifungal powder on unexposed surfaces - fungus loves moisture. These topical treatments are TOTALLY safe.

Stop using the clindamycin (it is making the problem worse and worse) and start applying clotrimazole antifungal cream to the areas with acne. pDdo NOT NOT NOT use moisturisers. Wash you hair in an antidandruff shampoo, and dust your skin with antifungal powder at night. Wipe off sweat.

Doctors know nothing about fungal acne.

Do you have one or more of the following - dandruff, a white tongue, flaking skin, toenail fungus, "thrush", itchy or painful rashes, unexplained tiredness or feelings of disorientation or headaches ?

If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide further information about topical treatments to control fungal acne.

MemberMember
(@cassey27)

Posted : 07/08/2019 1:21 am

6 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You mos likely have fungal acne, caused by the hot humid conditions and made worse by the clindamycin.

Fungal acne is caused by antibiotics and some other meds. Heat and humidity can also cause fungal acne.

Fungal acne can be controlled by aplying topical antifungal creams, using antidandruff shampoos, and keeping skin dry (no moisturisers) and using antifungal powder on unexposed surfaces - fungus loves moisture. These topical treatments are TOTALLY safe.

Stop using the clindamycin (it is making the problem worse and worse) and start applying clotrimazole antifungal cream to the areas with acne. pDdo NOT NOT NOT use moisturisers. Wash you hair in an antidandruff shampoo, and dust your skin with antifungal powder at night. Wipe off sweat.

Doctors know nothing about fungal acne.

Do you have one or more of the following - dandruff, a white tongue, flaking skin, toenail fungus, "thrush", itchy or painful rashes, unexplained tiredness or feelings of disorientation or headaches ?

If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide further information about topical treatments to control fungal acne.

Based on my observations I have a white tongue and some red spots in my chest and shoulder area, it is quite itchy at times specifically when I'm sweating. I do feel tired but I guess it's just the result of my late shifts at night. I am also currently using a microexfoliant soap and a sunblock which is somehow moisturising. May I know if I should also stop using this products? And what is the proper dosage for the application of clotrimazole antifungal cream? Thank you so much for the response!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/08/2019 10:17 pm

Cassey

Your symptoms STRONGLY suggest that you have fungal acne, probably caused by candida fungus. Do NOT use moisturiser. Do not exfoliate your skin as doing so allows the fungus to invade your pores.

Rub a layer of clotrimazole cream all over the areas of your skin with acne, including the areas with red spots (which is fungal "acne" also). You can buy some topical nystatin antifungal cream, if you can get it, and add that to the clotrimazole cream and rub it on your skin with acne. You cannot put too much antifungal cream on your skin - it will just take longer to "sink in" or just run of if way too much cream.

Also, wash you hair in an antifungal shampoo, and keep the areas of your skin with acne VERY dry - apart from applying the antifungal creams. Rub off sweat with a clean towel.

Dust your chest and shoulders with antifungal powder twice a day.

I am happy to hear how things go...

MemberMember
(@misspaige93)

Posted : 07/19/2019 7:40 am

Your acne isnt to to to bad,your forehead is pretty clear from what I can see? Just mainly your cheeks which looks like cystic acne or nodules..given your age I think roaccutane would be a good choice for you..has some major side effects but It does wonders for clearing acne..just please do not pick at the cysts! I had similar acne and constantly picked at them and now Im left with deep pitted acne scars.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 07/20/2019 10:35 pm

Casey

One MUST work out the cause of the acne BEFORE prescribing the treatment.

In you case, you have fungal symptoms, so the likely cause of your acne is fungus. Roccutane will possibly make fungal acne worse and it is dangerous.

I strongly suggest that you follow the suggestions that I have made in my posts above.

Standard statement - I have spent over 2,500 hours reading scientific papers about fungal acne and gram negative acne, and I have extensive experience with fungal acne, in particular. I am a scientist (not a medical doctor). I provide information based on my extensive experience with fungal acne, and some experience with gram negative acne.