Notifications
Clear all

Dermarolling horror

MemberMember
(@hilalela)

Posted : 07/07/2019 7:55 am

I dermaroll at home. I have done it many times without any harm or damage. Little did I know that those fuck**g cheap crappy dermarollers might be defective and scratch my face like that. I bought couple of new ones  (1,5mm) on the internet like usual

I always use one only once so it was brand new fresh piece. I numbed my face so I couldnt tell I was sratching my face with that plastic sharp piece that was sitting between my dermaroller needles. When I was wiping those pin points of blood I realized something was wrong. 

Do you guys think I have messed up my face and gonna be left with new scarring?

Should I go and see professional to treat those areas or give it time ? 

5B113EA1-9D20-475F-8AC9-5633D215E603.jpeg

A2B40A28-BEC4-4491-A591-8B75F5769F4F.jpeg

4686645F-C87B-4D45-93C9-AAEFE6EBC75E.jpeg

2561A3E5-B49E-41F9-ACC0-55CDBCD05F93.png

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 07/07/2019 9:44 am

I had the same picture after agressive dermapen with the Dr. So not dermaroller could damage the skin but the dermapen too(Unfortunately the texture wasdamaged( although now in half a year it is better and the lines and holes are not so prominent, it healed a half I would say. Wait until you heal fully and see in 2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@hilalela)

Posted : 07/07/2019 10:04 am

16 minutes ago, Sibel said:

I had the same picture after agressive dermapen with the Dr. So not dermaroller could damage the skin but the dermapen too(Unfortunately the texture wasdamaged( although now in half a year it is better and the lines and holes are not so prominent, it healed a half I would say. Wait until you heal fully and see in 2 weeks.

hey thank you for your reply.

it is not that the needles damaged my skin but that fabrically defective sharp plastic piece between needles that you can see on photos attached.It literally scratched my face with its sharp edge.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/07/2019 11:41 am

@Olqa9229This is very common checkout owndoc.com, not advertising for them but they manufacturer product and have horror stories of cheap microneedling devices breaking in the skin. From what I see there are far to many needles on this, it's poorly manufactured, ... the needle gauge is too big.

We don't dermaroll on the face anymore as it can cause micotears as it did with you. We dermastamp now. There is a great device called derminator google it or just buy a manualstamp. We only treat areas that have problems not the whole face.

I don't see any scars on you. but of course it's hard to see.

You should be fine, ... just don't do this repeatedly . Let the skin heal. Use things like aloe vera, vitamin c serum can be good, or anything that you would put on a cut to heal. Itwill take some time for this to fade which is normal. Suncreen!!!

Avoid exfolitation and irritation until you heal.

If you feel it's a concern goto a dermatologist and they may prescribe you a cream but at this point I don't think it's necessary.

You can start using a bha peel or wash in a week or so when you heal more.

If your in Europe La roche makes some good soothing/ healing products and or Aveene.

I think you should be fine, ... just like any scratch or bruise - healing just takes time.

Hilalela liked
MemberMember
(@hilalela)

Posted : 07/07/2019 12:06 pm

@beautifulambitionthank you very much. I am worried.. big time. It looks much better on pictures tho.. but you're right I will give it time. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 07/08/2019 1:23 am

BA: We only treat areas that have problems NOT THE WHOLE FACE. The key thing I did not understand before and theDrs insisted on the whole face. The best wayI figured out to needle with one needle 1-1,5mm the scars locally then to suction and paint. You get the brown scabs in 3 days which peel off easily in another 2 days with tretinoin. I also use antibiotic cream with Mupirocin, helps to heal a lot as well.